Should prostitution be legalized/legal?

1. No plagiarism; Don't copy someone else's work and claim it as your own.

2. You may only troll when things get completely out of hand.

Failure to follow these rules will result in a 7-point forfeiture.

1. It can spread diseases.

2. It can, if not, put dramatic increases in crime rates, like the usage of minors as sex slaves.

I'm guessing R1 is for acceptance only. Should prostitution be legalized? Yeah, sure why not?

see comments....

I have already presented my arguments in R1. Please reply to it.

Con makes it clear in the comments section that he will be arguing for prostitution to be legalized "world wide".

With the state of the world as it is now I can't even see how that would be possible. Doesn't make much sense to argue if something should or shouldn't be done if it can't be proven to be possible in the first place.

However, I will entertain my opponents "worldwide" case.

For prostitution to be legalized on a global scale would also require a global effort. A unified world if you will, with an all-powerful central government. If this were the case, I would still be pro.

Let us proceed.

My argument against presentations 1 and 2

Con argues that if prostitution were legalized:

1. it can spread diseases.

Con's opening argument is flawed from the beginning. Con failed to provide anything that would support presentations 1 and 2 to demonstrate its validity.

With prostitution legalized the spreading of STD's would dramatically decrease and the crime rate go down. I'll explain why.

When something such as prostitution is legalized it is done so by a group of people that has control over a social system. If they have the authority to make laws then they must have the power to enforce them. When central governments or leaders of a nation legalize prostitution they seek to tax it, regulate it, and control it. Legalized brothels have to show proof that the women are of legal age and undergo regular testing for STD's .Therefore, I cannot see a government of any nation, group of nations or even a unified world government legalize street prostitution where they have no control of it. It is street type prostitution that spreads the most disease and forces children to become sex slaves.

I am interested to see how my opponent will defend his presentations 1 and 2.

Back to Con.

Politician forfeited this round.

I hope Con is okay. I extend my arguments.

Politician forfeited this round.

Con failed to defend his presentations 1 and 2, and failed to argue against my position.

Vote pro.
Posted by Alex_H 2 years ago
I agree the current form of prostitution can spread diseases. But if done the way Nevada does it through a business like the Brothels or Ranches the ladies or men would be tested on a regular basis. So if it is done like this the safety of the people involved, the worker or the consumer, would have fewer risk.
Posted by Politician 2 years ago
World wide.
Posted by ATHOS 2 years ago
con are you talking world wide or a specific country or just america?
Vote Placed by Defro 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited his way to his lost. Although Pro's rebuttal was not as strong and sound as it could have been, Con did not even attempt to defend his presentation against Pro's rebuttal.