outwoodacademyportland
angeliese8676wisdom

Should racism in football have bigger consequences?

Started: 3/27/2014 Category: Sports

outwoodacademyportland

Pro

I think that people who racially abuse another person from a different ethnic origin to them on the football pitch, in the stands or on the substitute bench, should be punished. However, I think that the issue isn't being dealt with correctly. I think that the punishments are inconsistent and lenient. People who racially abuse another player are being very unprofessional and closed minded towards others from a different country or ethnicity.
angeliese8676wisdom

Con

I accept the debate, thank you for giving me this chance to debate you.

I just have a couple questions for my opponent:
1. what do you consider professional for a football player?
2. If there is a higher consequence for football, what about society alone? For example, hockey or any other sport?
( as the debate topic states i will not drift away to other topics and other sports being that it does only state "Football".)
While I wait for that:

Right now there is a lot of racism in the world, and many people get their feelings hurt or their self confidence goes down. But when it comes to sports you need to have sportsmanship, and there are rules now that state the rules when it comes to sportsmanship. What I want to know what are the consequences right now for racism. I understand that there are consequences but during a sport like football all of the people playing are male. Now the topic states "Football" not high school, not middle school not college not professional, just "Football". So with that being said I have found the rules from FIFA.com and they are as follows:
"Discrimination of any kind against a Country, private person or group of people on account of race, skin colour, ethnic, national or social origin, gender, language, religion, political opinion or any other opinion, wealth, birth or any other status, sexual orientation or any other reason is strictly prohibited and punishable by suspension or expulsion."
outwoodacademyportland

Pro

outwoodacademyportland forfeited this round.
angeliese8676wisdom

Con

angeliese8676wisdom forfeited this round.
outwoodacademyportland

Pro

angeliese8676wisdom

Con

Posted by tobyw10 3 years ago
tobyw10
I think that racism should have bigger consequences as even if it's the fans shouting racial abuse at players it still should be charged against the club the FA should do more