jconway
kendranoel

Should rap fans stop listening to rap because of its bad influences on society?

Started: 4/15/2015 Category: Music

jconway

Pro

Taking the negative and positive influences of rap into account, I am pushed more towards not listening to rap. This is because of how many people are taking the words literally and acting upon views in the songs, not aware that a lot of lyrics are only fictional and added for effect. I think the very ideas of violence, drugs and gangs are encouraged into society and it is very evident in today's society these approaches to music are lowering the standards of society. Even though I really enjoy the different beats, the creativity of the lyrics and appreciate the confidence and strength it has given me, I think this is too widespread and an issue too big to be ignored. At the moment I am against supporting this highly explicit material in rap music, but I could be persuaded otherwise if someone came up with an effective argument.
kendranoel

Con

No they shouldn't it lets people express theirselves and plus it's their choice they should be able to listen to what they want plus by the time all these years go by their will be another type of music that people will be listening to and maybe people will forget about it. I think it's okay to listen to it if they don't do anything bad because of it. Now if someone goes to court for killing someone then they say oh I was just doing what the rap song said. Um it's not raps fault they made the choice.
jconway

Pro

jconway forfeited this round.
kendranoel

Con

I guess u forfeit so I win
jconway

Pro

jconway forfeited this round.
kendranoel

Con

kendranoel forfeited this round.
Posted by elijonlogan 2 years ago
elijonlogan
I agree with Pro because rap can express hatred and violence encouraging these things in society. Many rap songs are about intercourse and can be demeaning and against women rights. These songs can also be commonly heard by young children on the radio, making them think using these words is OK.
https://web.stanford.edu...