subdeo
desttoyer

Should recess be banned in schools?

desttoyer has forfeited round #3.

subdeo

Con

Hello, desttoyer, I look forward to a good debate with you. Rules are simple, round one is acceptance only, round two is only for arguments (no rebuttals), and rounds three and four are for arguments and rebuttals. I sincerely hope you accept the challenge. Good luck!
desttoyer

Pro

i accept this debate but i would like to know how u knew i was on DOO>
subdeo

Con

Many studies show that students who get breaks (like recess) fare better in school. Tesh.com says, "studies show that kids behave better, focus more, and do better in school if you let them out to play." [1]
I look forward to reading your arguments.

[1] http://www.tesh.com...
desttoyer

Pro

I"m not a kid.
Schools should ban extra recess because some schools send students outside for recess when the tempature is below 30 degrees and that can prevent frostbites and some schools send kids outside for recess when tempature is over 100 degrees which can prevent heat strokes kids can get hurt more easily during extra recess and bully"s will bully kids more often and there are higher chances of fights happening.
subdeo

Con

I can see that you are not a kid. Otherwise, if you were, you would know what every kid knows: While there are some days with inhospitable weather, the vast majority of days are perfectly fine and are highly enjoyable while outside. Yes, there are some days with bad weather, but most are not nearly bad enough to present health risks. If such a situation arose, the teachers could eliminate recess for the day.

Perhaps there is a *slightly* higher risk of injury while outside, but this is minimal and a normal part of life. If children are taught to avoid the outdoors at all, much less the shielded playground, but instead avoid the "danger", then what will become of our culture?
Posted by subdeo 9 months ago
subdeo
I saw another debate of yours, so challenged you.
Posted by desttoyer 9 months ago
desttoyer
how did u know my DDO profile name