ThatAwesomeGuyOwen
Packers49

Should recess be longer?

Packers49

ThatAwesomeGuyOwen

Pro

I am competing not to get bragging rights, just to have fun. I think recess should be longer because you don't get hyper in class. Also, you have fun, so you get a break from boring stuff.
Packers49

Con

I am doing this debate mostly to get my third debate finished. Recess should not be longer because then there is either less time of school (schools already have to get everything in by the state or federal testing and most of the time don't) and also there is less time after school for homework, sports, and even more free time!
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: DboPoint// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con admitted that he is doing this debate mostly to get his voting rights. That in itself takes credibility away. Pro stated his argument well and explained why.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter is required to specifically assess arguments made by both sides. A loss of credibility from a single statement made by Pro is not sufficient reasoning.
************************************************************************
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I wonder what the vote standards are for these debates that are 1 round, neither side really gives a conclusive argument.
Vote Placed by rsz42 1 year ago
rsz42
ThatAwesomeGuyOwenPackers49Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Most of the above is tied because this debate was so short because its hard to judge off such a short debate. Neither side had any sources, nor did they have any differences in spelling or grammar. I personally believe that a longer recess weakens a student's education, as Packers49 alludes to. Though no sources are given by either side, Packers49 mentions the side of the argument that I personally agree with, and that wins the vote for that one.
Vote Placed by JimShady 1 year ago
JimShady
ThatAwesomeGuyOwenPackers49Tied
Reasons for voting decision: A think there should be more recess, so I agree with Pro, but since this is a one round debate, he doesn't really get to explain his/her point well. Con also pulls up very small arguments, but his seemed for valid with the "(schools already have to get everything in by the state or federal testing and most of the time don't)" part, so he gets CA. Sources, S/G, and conduct are all tied.