levimeyers2016
RickiNodriguez

Should religion be completely removed?

RickiNodriguez

levimeyers2016

Pro

I feel religion is nothing but a source of arguments, and should be abolished worldwide, almost every war, has been caused over religion. Religion should be nonexistent, or unspoken of in public places. It is truly despicable, how much our race fights over a simple subject, that is nothing more than our opinions.
RickiNodriguez

Con

"If God did not exist it would be necessary to invent him." -Voltaire- Because God exists objective morality exists. What Voltaire means is that the World or society would not be able to manage without a God. Therefore just because people get butt hurt about religion does not mean it should be banished worldwide. People get butt hurt about politics and sports as well. Doesn't mean we should ban those sort of things. Politics has created wars also. Do not just subjectively look at the bad in religion but look at the good also.
levimeyers2016

Pro

In regards to your comment, I thought last night about what could replace "god" and it was simple, as it was already part of my own beliefs. This apparently is a sensitive subject, but what if the "angels" were "gods" kinda like a council? They may not have extraordinary powers, but they govern the universe via being self selected. Also, I'm not saying religion be removed from private places; that cannot be regulated very easily. What I AM saying, is that is should be illegal in public places, such as curches, the pope, television etc. this is where knowledge for other countries to be angered comes from. this is where all arguments root from. Politics, are just as bad, i agree. I was planning on creating a similar topic for them. UNLESS, the world can unite under one central government. which isn't really that hard. It as simple as if they don't comply, they get nuked. Sports are the same concept; don't have them, if they are gonna cause problems. Problems can be solved if people THINK.
RickiNodriguez

Con

I have no idea what you meant by bringing angels into debate but I understand what you mean. As I stated earlier you cannot look at this subject subjectively. Angels in theory cannot be self selected, it makes no sense. If angels are governed by God himself and live to serve him then there being no God would make Angels non existent. It would make no sense to believe in angels but not to believe in a God. As for the government issue on Uniting under a central government and having no issues; We can come to the conclusion that whatever we do it life there is going to be opposition because that is simply life. Without opposition life would be meaningless just like without free will we would just be robots. " For Lincoln, union meant a particular kind of government of the states, one whose equality principle "clears the path for all"gives hope to all"and, by consequence, enterprize, and industry to all." Abraham Lincoln was the father of the Union or the north again slavery in the south. The thing is he believe in all the things you believe but he fought. Civil disobedience for instance. Dr. King had to fight against what the government said was wrong in order to make a difference. In life we have to fight and its a simple as that because in life there is no such thing as utopia. We are just simply dreaming of utopia but when we wake it comes to reality.
levimeyers2016

Pro

It may not make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to me. I have every right to believe my own opinion, and express it.
RickiNodriguez

Con

This is a debate my friend. Of course you can express your feelings.. I want you too! This website is called debate.org and I would advise you to not enter debates unless you want opposition. We live in a world of opposition brother and avoiding it is not an option.
Posted by RickiNodriguez 2 years ago
RickiNodriguez
Just to clarify on my statement on Voltaire "If God did not exist it would make sense for us to invent one." I quoted that just to state the fact that society can not breathe without a standard of morality. I am a evangelical Christian who believe strongly in God being that foundation. God is the standard of morality.
Posted by yoshidino 2 years ago
yoshidino
If God doesn't exist, how did we come up with the concept of a God? Try all day and all night and you will never be able to CREATE a brand new color in your head. (this is a metaphor.) We are completely unable to create anything with our minds. All we can do is form different concepts and ideas from an original truth or truths. If you have a concept about it, it is because something SIMILAR exists.
Posted by ItsRenee 2 years ago
ItsRenee
So basically what you are saying is since i believe in a religion and it makes you mad because people are fighting about it it should be abolished? Well the gay right being illegal makes people mad and no one abolished that law in all 50 states, most politicians make me mad but no one abolished them, Atheist that are always worried about what religious people are doing makes me mad and no one abolished them etc. Just because you and other people don't like that people believe in something doesn't mean it should be 'abolished' it just means you guys need to stop worrying about what we are doing and what we believe in and worry about yourself. If people wanna have a war because of religion then so be it, if its not religion trust me they'll find something else to have a war on.
Vote Placed by hayhen13 2 years ago
hayhen13
levimeyers2016RickiNodriguezTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro spoke only on opinions and brought up irrelevant subjects.