ruhanli123
JacobAnderson

Should religion be prioritized over safety in the workplace?

ruhanli123

Con

Religion should be considered important, but they cannot be prioritized over safety.
JacobAnderson

Pro

Religion should be considered important and can be prioritized over safety. In order to establish my case, I will include personal experiences, hypothetical situations, and general ideas.
But to formally start this debate, I will give a definition of safety that is well known and will be accepted throughout this debate. The definition will be as such, "Safety: The condition of being protected from danger, risk, or injury.
I am not the most religious person, but I look to religion as a safety for when I am feeling stressed or feeling frightened, whether it be a bad storm, or a lock down at school. Nothing, not even police or weathermen, can make me feel safe in either of these situations, but there is one thing that can- religion.
You see, religion is the way to safety, so under this statement, religion can be deemed as safety. But, without the religion, there is no safety, therefore concluding that religion trumps safety as religion is safety.
ruhanli123

Con

Companies however, can be held responsible for the actions of their employees. Say, for instance, a Sikh man refuses to wear headgear because it would interfere with him wearing the turban. If he was to get injured on the job, the company would be held responsible for the worker's actions.
JacobAnderson

Pro

I found a source, and from what I've gathered, the company is responsible for autgorized actions (http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com...). Religion should be prioritized over safety in the workplace, but it should not be placed over rules. In this case, the man is violating regulations.
ruhanli123

Con

ruhanli123 forfeited this round.
JacobAnderson

Pro

My opponent has forfeited so I withhold all arguments this round.
Posted by Jacob60rt 3 years ago
Jacob60rt
There is not enough information, how do those correlate?
Posted by Installgentoo 3 years ago
Installgentoo
Needs more information than this.
Posted by TheOncomingStorm 3 years ago
TheOncomingStorm
I don't even know what this is debating.
Posted by fuzala 3 years ago
fuzala
Like what? I'd like some examples.