FantasticCarlie
qwzx

Should religious acts, conversations, and items be allowed in public schools and organizations?

FantasticCarlie has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

FantasticCarlie

Con

Here are the rules: first argument will be an introduction on your side and a brief explanation of why. Also any other rules you want to include. Second argument is the main argument where each arguing side must have at least four sources. Also this will be in the format of an essay, no matter how long. Third argument is the rap up argument where the amount of sources must be at least two. You can use ones from the last argument. Finally the last argument is the statement of whether or not you still believe the same thing, and a conclusion statement.

I believe that religious acts, conversations, and items should not be allowed in public schools and public non religious based organizations. People should be able to walk around and not have to feel ashamed of their religion. Also, save the religious stuff for when its appropriate to talk about religion. Most of the world would agree that if you believe in one thing then you should keep your opinions to yourself.

One last thing: Only serious argues please or I will re-start the argument and make sure someone other than that person is arguing. I feel this is a good topic to argue about so, again, please only serious arguing.
qwzx

Pro

I believe that religious acts, conversations, and items should be allowed in public schools and public non religious based organizations. I also believe that people should be able to walk around and not have to feel ashamed of their religion. A way to allow people to not feel ashamed is by allowing free discussion of their personal beliefs and values with others. To deny someone the right to hold such religious acts, discussions, and items is a clear violation of the first amendments in the Bill of Rights.

"Congress shall MAKE NO LAW respecting an establishment of RELIGION, or PROHIBITING the FREE EXERCISE thereof; or abridging the FREEDOM OF SPEECH, or of the press; or the right of the people PEACEABLY TO ASSEMBLE, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"
Posted by qwzx 10 months ago
qwzx
Wasn't sure if we needed a source but here:
https://en.wikipedia.org...
Posted by dsjpk5 10 months ago
dsjpk5
Since you're using the word "allowed" instead of "discouraged", I considered this debate. However, I don't see the need for sources necessarily. I guess it could be done. I'll think about it.
Posted by Peili 10 months ago
Peili
I would accept this debate.
Posted by Capitalistslave 10 months ago
Capitalistslave
What if I believe government-run schools shouldn't exist? Can I argue that?

I suppose that would be a kritik argument though lol, so I'm guessing probably not.