debatingforthegood
hammycakes

Should reproductive cloning be allowed?

debatingforthegood

Pro

We should be allowed to clone animals because God would not have given us the chance to do this if he didn't want us to do this. This could greater improve scientific research and possibly help lead us to finding cures to more diseases. I am agnostic and believe in both scientific research and the scientific theories about how this world was made but, I also believe there is something greater out there. I believe this greater thing is God and that we would not know about this if he didn't want us to discover cloning and test it. I completely understand both sides, I did struggle making this decision but this is what I believe. Please tell me what the rest of you think though because I would love to see why people think against it. I find this subject very interesting and would like to hear both sides of this, so it would really help me a lot to hear other opinions.
hammycakes

Con

The earth has its own way of fixing things. Mother nature is already being bullied by the human race. We shouldn't mess with it. Ever seen "Jurassic Park?" Yes, its just a movie; but I believe more cons come from cloning than pros. We already have zoos and parks and laws that protect species and try to keep them from going extinct. And we wouldn't even have those if human kind wasn't bumping heads with nature. And furthermore if there is a "God", I think that he would pretty much be angry at the fact human kind was trying to screw around with the things he "made." After all he is, and I quote him from the bible; "a jealous god."
debatingforthegood

Pro

If animals are going extinct than this would be a great way to prevent their extinction. If we clone them than we would have more of that species. There would be more of that specie which mean they could mate more and then we soon wouldn't have to clone for that animal anymore. This would be great for science because they could also find the problems in cloning and fix them.
hammycakes

Con

hammycakes forfeited this round.
debatingforthegood

Pro

debatingforthegood forfeited this round.
hammycakes

Con

hammycakes forfeited this round.
debatingforthegood

Pro

hammycakes

Con

hammycakes forfeited this round.
debatingforthegood

Pro

hammycakes

Con

hammycakes forfeited this round.
Posted by Poe-vahkiin 2 years ago
Poe-vahkiin
Hammy seems not to realize that no matter what we do, we can do as much damage to this earth as a worm to a mountain. It has been here long before us, and it will be here long after we are gone.
Posted by Poe-vahkiin 2 years ago
Poe-vahkiin
Cloning is not yet as an efficient and expedient process as we it needs to be to fight extinction. By the time the clones grew, the numbers would continue to dwindle. We also have far from perfected cloning, and mistakes are almost guaranteed.
Posted by WashierCoot 2 years ago
WashierCoot
I am for cloning because it appeals to progress. Humans like knowledge and the only way for us to expand is to test things out. If we cloned such beings, we could fix the problem then perfect it. With cloning with can control nature.
Posted by debatingforthegood 2 years ago
debatingforthegood
Could you please explain to me why you are for cloning?
Posted by WashierCoot 2 years ago
WashierCoot
I do agree with hitman, you should never use god in your arguments as that lowers your credibility. I personally would be for cloning, but I can see why people would be against it. If the cloned creature becomes screwed up and can't live more than a year, then we just made a poor creature that has to suffer it's whole life.
debatingforthegood
Thank you for the comment, this is really helping me better make arguments. Can you tell me why you agree with cloning? I need all information I can get, I am doing a project and need information of why people believe and why they don't.
Posted by Himans45 2 years ago
Himans45
Eh, I wouldn't use god as an argument, but I agree with you that we should allow this.