rosario334477
Rjupudi18

Should same sex-marriage be allowed all over the world?

Rjupudi18

rosario334477

Pro

I believe that same sex-marriage should be legal all around the world. People should be able to decide who they want to be with WITHOUT being criticized. If you are against same sex-marriage shame on you. People should be able to decide who they want to spend the rest of their lives with just like the people who are straight get to decide who they want to spend the rest of their lives with.
Rjupudi18

Con

rosario334477

Pro

Same sex-marriage is not a bug problem or a problem at all. Gays and lesbians are humans too, right? They should be able to choose who they love and who they want to marry even if they are the same gender. #ISupportTheGays+Lesbians.
Rjupudi18

Con

It is a big problem because it causes HIV and AIDS and destroys the lives of children in homosexual families. Everyone has the right to marry anyone they love of the OPPOSITE gender. Just because a gay or lesbian loves someone of the same sex doesn't mean they should be allowed to marry them. If I loved a four year-old, should I be allowed to marry her? "Love" is not a good enough reason to allow gay marriage.
rosario334477

Pro

First, not all people who are gay have diseases and going to what you said about the age, of course there will be laws on age difference but gays and lesbians should be allowed to marry each other if they choose too. No one has the right to say "You can't marry the person you love." That is just cruel. Straight people get to marry who they love. Why can't gays and lesbians do the same thing? I believe that if the person is at least human they can marry whomever they want even if they are gay, lesbian, or straight. They love who they love right? So let them show their affection by letting them marry. #LoveTheDifferentOnes If you agree please vote for me for I am Marina Rosario and I approve this message.
Rjupudi18

Con

While not all gays have diseases, it is more common and prevalent in the homosexual community. Secondly, it's not that "Straight people get to marry who they love". ALL people can marry ANYONE they love of the opposite gender. That's what equality is. Everyone has the same rights. Gays don't have different rights than straight people. We all have the same rights. Again, "love" is not a good enough reason. If I loved a child, should I be able to marry that child? Or if I loved a horse, should I be able to marry that horse? We have to set our social standards based on our moral values not on the basis of animal instinctive lust. I think you should vote for me because I believe in equality and I believe that the law should have no distinction between gay, straight, black, white or green.
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Amarandum// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Rjupudi18 made baseless assertions that homosexual families raise troubled children when all available psychological literature disagrees. CON had a perfect opportunity to make a libertarian argument against government being involved in marriage at all, and wasted it on fundamentalist dogma and faith-based objections to gay marriage. PRO should have referenced mammal biology, which shows homosexual behavior to be perfectly natural, but unfortunately did not.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter is required to assess specific arguments made by both debaters. That requires more than simply listing arguments made by Con and making personal objections to those points. It also requires more than statements regarding what Pro should have done.
************************************************************************
Vote Placed by subdeo 10 months ago
subdeo
rosario334477Rjupudi18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: No reason to choose one over the other in means of S&G or sources. Con had better conduct because, even though he disagreed with his opponent, he was nice about it. Pro however resorted to saying, " If you are against same sex-marriage shame on you." This is not an argument, it is an attack. Although it is not "glaring", it is a red flag in my mind, and con kept above these. Pro only made the rights argument, which was soundly rebutted by Con. Con made the health argument, and made the argument that the "whoever they want to love" logic is flawed, because that would allow all kinds of insanity (horse or child sex). pro tried to rebut this, but only did so by saying that there would be legislation against it. However, she ignored the fact that the proponents of pedophilia or bestiality would argue that they also should have the right to love whoever they choose. By doing this, she would ignore the "rights" of those criminals. I have accurately followed all the DDO voting rules.
Vote Placed by YYW 10 months ago
YYW
rosario334477Rjupudi18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO says that the gays should be able to chose who to spend their life with, whereas CON says the gays have diseases. PRO rebuts that not all of them are so infected, and that CON is interfering with love. CON concedes diseases, but tries to counter that AIDS is common. This is nontopical, because CON never connected preventing the spread of disease to gay marriage. PRO wins and CON loses because PRO made more relevant arguments that clearly linked to the resolution.