HenryBoBenry004
ZacGraphics

Should school chairs be comfier

HenryBoBenry004

Con

I do agree that it would be more costly, but it is better for the human body. If you sit on a hard chair for too long your spine can be injured. You know how grandmas sometimes lecture you on posture. That's because it is important. If you are sitting on a hard chair your spine can be damaged. Also its harder for kids to be comfortable in hard chairs. That being said if they had softer chairs they would be moving around less and be paying attention more. To be honest I think that schools worry way too much on the little things but are too caught up on stuff like weather kids are using the right pencil on tests and don't do stuff about the big things like fights and bullies or the way that students learn
ZacGraphics

Pro

Allow me to clarify a few things before we get started, because you misunderstood my original argument. I never said chairs should be harder, you might have misconceived that from my statement of "fire plastic". I'm not sure about YOUR school, but this is what the chairs at my school:

The spine of the chair is VERY bendable, along with basically the rest of the chair. The plastic is extremely slippery too, which just makes it easier for students to slump and slouch. Since it allows slouching and free movement, we can see this as a more comfortable chair.

"That being said if they had softer chairs they would be moving around less and be paying attention more."

Absolutely not. More comfortable chairs would only encourage moving around more and paying attention less. While sitting on cushioning, the brain recognizes this feeling from, say, your living room couch or your bed. The brain then urges itself into a "laid back" mode. I will see your response before making further arguments.
HenryBoBenry004

Con

HenryBoBenry004 forfeited this round.
ZacGraphics

Pro

I extend my points, and await Con's response.
HenryBoBenry004

Con

HenryBoBenry004 forfeited this round.
ZacGraphics

Pro

If Con wishes to debate me again on this topic, he may challenge me again. :)
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
Why the heck is it only 1000 character limit?