lege12bi
buttermymuffin

Should school start time to be later

lege12bi

Pro

Brain-based research now shows that teenagers have a different biological clock. At this time in life, the brain's biochemistry changes and teens have a need to stay up later & sleep later. The schools in Minneapolis actually changed their schedules to accommodate this research.
buttermymuffin

Con

Students are extremely stressed in the morning and are rushing to get to school on time! That way they don't have a good breakfast they don't have time to review their studies and they get to school tired which causes them to be lazy and not focused during class. Me, as a student, always fall asleep during class or is close to falling asleep. Not during an important class lesson, but during free time or a time to start your homework or something I can do at home. Sometimes even with all that they are still late! Students would get more sleep, would have a good breakfast, would have time to review their studies thus getting better marks. I'm not saying to start late or at noon but around 9 am would be fine. I went to elementary school which started at 845 and ended at 3. Now, I am a freshman in high school and start at 7:55 and end at 2:41 with even more work the older I get. It is stressful! Especially for athletes, just like me. I am a very good athlete and sometimes don't come home from 8 am till 10:30 at night! With extra sleep students will be able to concentrate more. When students get their sleep they will bring up their grades while being more focused on what they need to to do to succeed in their classes, instead of falling asleep or miss school and a bunch of work because they stayed home from school because they were "too tired".
lege12bi

Pro

I now go to school in one of the top schools in the country. When I was in my school district school started at 7:30 and ended at 2:00. I had to wake up at 5:30 and the bus came at 6:30. I always felt tired and it was a pain. I tried having my dad dropping me off but we were always late. When I got home I slept for a couple hours. It was a pain to only have an average of 6 hours of sleep instead of the 9 to 10 hours recommended sleep time for teens.
buttermymuffin

Con

Well, i have other things to do after school and i'm pretty sure other do to, and starting school earlier will expand the school day. Not many people can cooperate with an expanded school day and it would just cause more problems
lege12bi

Pro

lege12bi forfeited this round.
buttermymuffin

Con

buttermymuffin forfeited this round.
Posted by buttermymuffin 1 year ago
buttermymuffin
Omg I didn't realize I was the con...