Kamila_Mustafina
akbota

Should school uniform be banned in Kazakhstan?

Kamila_Mustafina

Pro

Because school uniform does not allow us to express yorself
akbota

Con

I agree with you, however there are lot of different ways to shoe your personality.
think about one situation, for example,if all students can choose their own clothes, then the rich kids will show all their expensive designer labels. Meanwhile children from poorer families will disappointed about this problem. Some of them don't want to go school because they can feel ashamed. So I think that school uniform makes all the children at a school equal no matter what their family background or income.
Kamila_Mustafina

Pro

It is known that in Kazakhstan most schools require to buy uniform from special shops and, unfortunately, the quality of the material of this uniform is awful!! Majority of students point out that their school uniform, which they buy from these shops, has very low quality and it always tears at a touch. Because of that students are to buy this uniform for 2 or 3 times in a year and then suffer from its inconvenience. In most cases pupils break the rule of wearing school uniforms and just wear what they like. Afterwards, pupils are scolded by their teachers, teachers are shouted by the principals, and principals then are criticized by Ministry of education. nevertheless, this does not stop students or pupils from wearing their casual clothes. So what's for do we need school uniform if we do not wear it? Nowadays, there is no such separation in rich or poor, the only thing, which is welcome, is to wear clothes, which suit you. For instance, In America and other countries, there is no school uniform. I firmly believe, that casual clothes do not affect on our wish to study, because it depends on person himself.
akbota

Con

This has been a debate that has been going on for a long time all over the world. I personally think that school uniform is a good thing and that children and pupils should wear it because it makes everyone look equal instead of pupils being judged on there clothes.
The first thing that I want to say is that school uniform is a tradition worth keeping. In countries like Britain many schools have had uniforms for a long time. Wearing it encourages pride in the school and gives out a good image to outsiders.
Secondly, uniform has practical advantages. Students don't have to waste time thinking what to wear at the start of each school day. The clothes are designed to be comfortable and safe. I dealt with it. When I was a pupil I know what today I would wear, but now I am student and I spend a lot of time to choose the clothes every day.
Uniform is usually cheaper than letting children choose what they will wear to school. Young people feel pressure to dress in the latest thing and not to wear the same outfit often. This often leads their parents to spend a great amount of money on clothes every year. With uniform you won't face that problem. That's why parents often like uniform.
However, there are a lot of students who argue that some uniforms are uncomfortable, school uniform is often not practical or pleasant to wear. Designs are often old-fashioned and ugly. Especially girls complain that all uniforms make them look fat . If you don't like this situation why you don't try to create new uniform or update it? For example, the competition "Who can make the best uniform for children?" You can mention everything that you want, materials, color, cut, sewing etc. You have a choice but you don't use it.
Kamila_Mustafina

Pro

Of course, as can be seen the main reason why students do not have any desire to wear school uniform is its imperfection. Who wants to wear uncomfortable, ugly and old-fashioned uniform? of course, nobody. So government should take any measures in order to find a solution to this issue. Why do all parents and students complain on the quality and ugliness, but nobody does not do something in order to solve these problems? Why do pupils in Britain or Japan wear their school outfit with pride, but not students from Kazakhstan? Because we are not patriots or because the problem is in school uniform itself? As regards me, I do want to have normal school uniform, but what we can do if there is no places, where we can buy uniform, which is has good quality of the material and is suitable for everyone? Isn't it easier then to ban school uniform and allow everybody to wear what they want. I met a lot of students and when they saw me in the uniform, they always said: 'thank goodness, that now I can wear everything i want'.In our days more and more schools in Kazakhstan are starting to refuse to wear school uniform and it is the right politics. Maybe we should wait until the day when we will get rid of all problems, connected with school uniform, and start to wear it with the smiles on our faces, not loathe.
akbota

Con

Why do pupils in Britain or Japan wear their school outfit with pride?
I will try to answer. A school uniform can cultivate a sense of discipline and community feeling. This naturally reduces incidents of violence. Students can come to school without worrying about personal safety. Teachers don't have to abuse us, and can concentrate on teaching. When students wear the same uniforms, they feel more connected with each other and learn to pay more attention to the person's identity, but not to the person's clothing. They think that they are a part of each other. I am pretty sure that most high schools who do not have school uniforms, have dress codes. The dress codes lead to more problems among children than to wear school uniforms.
I assume that these countries understood the cause of these disadvantages solved the problem but we try to show our "PERSONALITY" or our "STYLE". "I am cooler than you, you and you."
A school uniform also saves us from having the police what the students wear. In my school every teacher mentioned what we wore, he\ she always commented that girls' skirts were too short, the boys' shirts did not have an appropriate color. All of us tried to persuade that our school uniform is boring and we hate it, that's why we spent 15-20 min of our lesson. We were aggressive and showed our characters.
Of course, people should have the right to choose what they want to wear, but only now I understand that wearing uniforms has many advantages. If students wear uniforms, they will remember that they are students and they will always be reminded of what students should do or shouldn't do. In addition, I think it is important that students pay more attention to education than to their clothes. Caring too much about how they dress doesn't help them in their studying. Finally, it allows students to focus on their lessons, instead of spending time for choosing their clothing every day.
Just compare.
Reasons for uniform
reduce peer pressure (competition)
increase school pride
gear focus more to learning
assist in discipline problems
create a more work-like atmosphere
less distractions
expense

Reasons against
freedom of expression
inhibits individuality

In conclusion, I would like to underline that despite some disadvantages of wearing school uniforms, there is a lot of positive factors. Uniforms teach us that in our society we are equal. That is why I say "YES" to school uniform.
Posted by randolph7 5 years ago
randolph7
Are you all at the same kazahki school?
Posted by Yerzhan_20110292 5 years ago
Yerzhan_20110292
I absolutely agree with against opinion, let me explain why. First of all if your school has an uniform, there is no need to lose time and, another thing, which sometimes more important, money for buying lots of things. Secondly, the quality of the school uniform in KZ is another question than "Should it be abandoned?", this point should cause attempts to solve the problem, but not to abandon uniform at all. It doesn't allow students to express themselves? It's not the place for entertainment and expressing yourself via clothes, it's the place for studying. School uniform is the experience of ages and developed countries like Britain and Japan still use it and look for their development. It makes all the pupils equal and removes all the worrying of children about how do they look. It's not convenient? I think that for sitting and studying the uniform is much enough.
Posted by guitar26 5 years ago
guitar26
i dont think any schools should be forced to wear uniform
Posted by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Really close debate. I would suggest writing longer debates with more sources and facts about how the uniform affected different schools etc. Also, I agree with Pro that uniforms cause more harm than good.
Posted by akbota 5 years ago
akbota
The question of whether children should wear a uniform at school is very difficult. In some countries school uniform is normal and most schools make their students wear one. Britain is the most obvious example of this
My opinion is that school uniform is important in our society because it teaches us to be organized.
Making everyone wear the same school uniform shows that we have equal rights.
The right to choose what to wear is obviously important for children, perhaps it is one of the ways to show your personality but we have other ways of expressing us as a strong person.
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Kamila_MustafinaakbotaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with Pro so wholeheartedly that I am tempted to votebomb. But the quality of arguments were really close and I can't choose objectively, so I will not give points to either debater. I hate uniforms! I want to debate this topic!