Granto
passwordstipulationssuck

Should schooling be compulsory

Granto has forfeited round #2.

Granto

Pro

Compulsory schooling creates an hostile environment as people suited to prison
passwordstipulationssuck

Con

since you made a con argument in your case I'm going to assume that you meant to designate yourself as con. If I'm mistaken then I apologize for accepting.

My opponent states that"Compulsory schooling creates a hostile environment as people suited to prison" I'm assuming he meant to finish that with "are mixed in with people who aren't. This is exactly why schooling needs to be compulsory. according to https://eml.berkeley.edu... education is one of the greatest determiners for future incarceration. People who receive no or substandard education are far more likely to find themselves in prison than those who receive a quality education. Moreover, compulsory schooling ensures that we have a well educated population capable of competing in an increasingly information based economy. As the world shifts from the traditional workplace to more intellectually dominated fields producing the greater results for the individual, education has become an integral part to ensuring personal success. Education gives us a knowledge of the world around us and changes it into something better. It develops in us a perspective of looking at life. It helps us build opinions and have points of view on things in life. People debate over the subject of whether education is the only thing that gives knowledge. Some say education is the process of gaining information about the surrounding world while knowledge is something very different. They are right. But then again, information cannot be converted into knowledge without education. Education makes us capable of interpreting things, among other things. It is not just about lessons in textbooks. It is about the lessons of life as much as it's about the lessons in knowledge.

Normally my post would be much longer but I don't have anything to attack
Posted by passwordstipulationssuck 4 months ago
passwordstipulationssuck
What position are you for. I didn't notice you were pro because you made a con argument. I can probably argue con but I want to be sure.
Posted by NDECD1441 4 months ago
NDECD1441
From past experiences by a thousand times, people who start their debates like this are definitely not going to finish the debate.
Posted by Shad0wXx 4 months ago
Shad0wXx
Sorry about that. I don't know how my comment got posted 4 times. Just letting you know I'm not trying to spam.
Posted by Shad0wXx 4 months ago
Shad0wXx
Are you arguing for, or against compulsory schooling?
Posted by Shad0wXx 4 months ago
Shad0wXx
Posted by Shad0wXx 4 months ago
Shad0wXx
Posted by Shad0wXx 4 months ago
Shad0wXx
Posted by Bamboo_Shoot 4 months ago
Bamboo_Shoot
So are you arguing con?