cam25aus
DrewKaltenberger

Should schools be 5 days a week?

cam25aus

Pro

They should be open because they give a good week of learning and the more days that you go, the more the topic of each section is being taught. If you went to school once or twice a week, you would forget a lot of the things you learned from the week. Having 5 days allows you to think about it during the week and helps it stay in your brain for the weekend. The full weeks help during long breaks because you will forget a little bit instead of a lot. You need all of that information to pass and if you hate school, do good in it anyways. The more you pass, the faster you get out. By that I mean not getting held back. And having a 5-day week of school helps you remember the information to pass. And that's why I believe that a full week of school is good for kids.
DrewKaltenberger

Con

Personally, I think we should go to school six or even seven days a week, with more frequent breaks, such as spring winter, or even Christmas break. Studies show children with prolonged exposure to educational material score better on SAT and other federal tests. Other proof is Australia and South Korea, who have more college graduates and more college attendees. They go to school year round, five days a week, but it stands with the same principal. Longer education periods and more frequent breaks are guaranteed to increase educational standards and success. I unfortunately entered this debate late, and will most likely only complete the first round, but I accept this challenge.
cam25aus

Pro

cam25aus forfeited this round.
DrewKaltenberger

Con

DrewKaltenberger forfeited this round.
cam25aus

Pro

cam25aus forfeited this round.
DrewKaltenberger

Con

DrewKaltenberger forfeited this round.