KelliBomber
wwwwh

Should schools be mandatory?

wwwwh

KelliBomber

Con

I am not talking about education being neglected. I am talking about attendance to school being compulsory.
Any one is welcome to present their opinions about why schools should be mandatory.
Forfeiting will automatically be assumed as giving up.
Good grammar and spelling is required.
Please no trolling and offensive intents.

Here is my argument.
When something is mandatory, people feel obliged and forced to do it, and are more likely to be unhappy and reluctant in the process, kids are sent to school with the intent of teaching them discipline and basic knowledge, such as reading, writing and speaking.
In the process they acquire social skills and they develop psychologically.
All being good so far, until you add rules, in what they wear, how they behave in and out of school, how they study and excessive homework. With the curriculum leaving them no time to spent in their personal interests, uniformity and generalizations, let alone comparisons and way too much dependence on grades. Students are overwhelmed by the pressure and high expectations their parents and society has for them. Psychological and physical issues rising, completely canceling the advantages of education through schooling. That is why compulsive schooling causes more harm than good. Education is education, not depending on schools, mandatory schools, that make people keep their heads down and listen to the big guys, no questions asked, or you will be punished and segregated .
wwwwh

Pro

I do agree with you on many points however I do not belive the question is should school be mandatory i belive the question should be how should we change school to make it flexable enough for almost every child. One reason school should be mandatory is for crime control; when kids get bored as would happen with no school they would look for ways to have fun surly some of these children would choose ways that are not healthy. Also my opponent said he did not want education to be neglected. How exactly would he go about educating them? Home schooling wouldnt work; ussualy both parents have to work to feed the family. Which is anouther reason crime would go up; no adult supervision. Lastly Unless my opponent found a differnt way to educate these kids, how would they ever get any job?
KelliBomber

Con

KelliBomber forfeited this round.
wwwwh

Pro

After looking at his profile I do not believe my opponent was intending on finishing this or any other debate.
KelliBomber

Con

KelliBomber forfeited this round.
wwwwh

Pro

I dont have anything else to say.
Posted by KelliBomber 3 years ago
KelliBomber
Sorry but i forgot about this, it was actually my first debate, i would be happy to explain to you why i think schools being optional is what i really am looking for and of course finding a way to improve conditions.
Vote Placed by Relativist 3 years ago
Relativist
KelliBomberwwwwhTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture. The debate was difficult to follow as both made opiniated contentions that weren't linked to each other's arguments. Even with the clear intention of pro for reforming school hours along with Con's psychological trauma made this debate really somewhat peculiar. So no points for arguments. I was going to award S & G towards Con as pro made several spelling mistakes since con emphasized spelling in his first round but i was displeased by Con's forfeiture as Pro had the decency to reply every round. So conduct scores Pro