Shyshy
Craighawley215

Should schools be year around

Craighawley215

Shyshy

Con

Should should not be year around because students would be to tired. Students would sleep in class and not get the education that they need. Students would not get the exersize that they need. Students will be to tired to go outside and play. Students would be to tired to go and visit there family that lives down the road or they will not want to get up and just sit down and sleep all day. Students would not want to get up in the morning and get ready for school and they will just sleep all day.
Craighawley215

Pro

Greetings and good luck!

I have accept the challenge because I believe that the year-round model of school could be beneficial to the learning process.

Year-round school means shorter school days, which would give students more free time during the day to have fun. Instead of 3 months of summer, you can have an extra 2-3 everyday to spend time however you want to. So the question now becomes:

"Why would students be more tired in year-round school than they are in 9-months-per-year-school?"
Shyshy

Con

How do u know ? Kids would be tired because you would have to go to school every single day and high schoolers would have problems trying to get a job in the summer because they will only have a few breaks and they will not be able to help their parents with there taxs and high schoolers will not be able to get money save up for collage or buy a house and a car for there kids so school should not be year around and so when kids have to go to school and they will not be tired or stressed. so bye.
Craighawley215

Pro

Kids would not be any more tired than they are in the middle of the school year. The shortened school day would actually alleviate stress on a regular basis, AND would provide time for an after school job year-round.

In response to your tax scenario: If a student is helping their parents with taxes, their base income amount would be 9,500 dollars. I highly doubt that you can make that type of money in a 3 month summer job.

So what sources to you have to prove your arguments?
Shyshy

Con

Shyshy forfeited this round.
Craighawley215

Pro

Judging from your "so bye" in round 2, I assume you have given up the debate in defeat. I hope this is not the case and will continue debating as if you had merely been away.

Upon further research, I see that many year-round schools have more frequent breaks throughout the year. Instead of the 3 month summer, and then Fall/Christmas/Spring break, year-round schools have roughly two months and then a half month off. There's more time during the year instead of one big clump of nothingness.
Shyshy

Con

Shyshy forfeited this round.
Craighawley215

Pro

It seems that Pro is unable to provide any argument. I challenge Pro to provide at least one supporting point for the debate.
Shyshy

Con

Shyshy forfeited this round.
Craighawley215

Pro

Because Pro didn't post any responses or new arguments in rounds 3-5, I think it is fair to say that Pro gave up the debate, which logically results in her losing. I have no further argument.
Posted by Craighawley215 3 years ago
Craighawley215
Can I please just acknowledge how annoying the 500 character limit is for this debate. It's even more annoying that my opponent isn't even going to try and discuss this with me.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
ShyshyCraighawley215Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I think that due to the 500 character limit, Pro's 2nd round arguments were substantial for his BoP, and did require addressing, which obviously didn't happen.