WYKEDVOODOO21
HailedPanic913

Should schools bring back hitting kids for a punishment

HailedPanic913

WYKEDVOODOO21

Pro

First thing is first think back to your grandparents, then think of yourself. who is more responsible. grand parents right? that because they were punished the right way. you did something wrong they got hit. now a days kids just get yelled at, newsflash people kids don't care, I would know I am one, however I get hit and people around my town actually compliment my dad on how well I behave and how good he raised me.
HailedPanic913

Con

Spanking teaches children to lie to avoid detection or to avoid you. When you think about punishment, it generally does not deter behavior unless the punisher is present. Most people do what they want to do, unless the risk of detection is high. Punishment teaches children to avoid detection by avoiding his or her parents.

from http://psychcentral.com...

Anyway Like the text above said it just increases fear which kids would lie to get out of. If this is legalized, if the child is injured they will be obligated and can take this to court which won't be good for the school.
WYKEDVOODOO21

Pro

true but with todays high speed internet teachers could send mass emails to the childrens parents and nottify them of any homewok or paperwork that is to be done or signed. and then if the child doesnt do its homework that is a home problem. hitting kids at school would benifit society by teaching them responsibility. also the teachers could check the students work. Then if it is not done the teacher has the right to spank
HailedPanic913

Con

I say the teachers shouldn't paddle/ spank them its their parents job and if their parents aren't going to then that's just their parenting. The teachers are there TO TEACH education not to paddle there students and your example talks about your dad punishing you not your teacher.
WYKEDVOODOO21

Pro

to teach education" exactly spanking will teach them not to be dumb. and I didn't say my teacher punished me because they cant do any thing but yell or hold us after school. and that's why people don't do there work.
HailedPanic913

Con

Yes But how does spanking a student supposed to improve behavior and exactly what about the students what do they want they're the ones being punished with a wooden paddle.
WYKEDVOODOO21

Pro

its not about what they want what they want is to sit and goof off when they should be doing there work
HailedPanic913

Con

Yes but does have to result in paddling them its the teachers job to make school interesting for students.
WYKEDVOODOO21

Pro

No it is the teachers job to teach and get kids to learn and hitting will get them to listen because they will be scared not to
HailedPanic913

Con

Yes it is but hitting will only encourage other hitting. How is hitting a positive thing? Like I said before if the teacher harms the student the student can sue you and the school.

That concludes my argument
Posted by shivam007 2 years ago
shivam007
hitting a child in no way ll make the child devoted to his studies. yes he would get scared but he wont study rather he would distant himself with the teacher. And this attitude of the child in no way is going to help him. he will try to disobey his teacher, will eventually get rude and thus will end up no where
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Con is sounding like they are against punishment all together.
Posted by marquis1212 2 years ago
marquis1212
I was a pretty good kid, but I still got spanked. Honestly, except for a couple notable exceptions, I don't recall what I did to get spanked.. I remember many more instances of being spanked than I can recall the preceding circumstances. It conditioned me adequately I suppose, but I have to wonder if it was really necessary -- did it really shape the person I am today, and if it did, were the ways it shaped me positive? I'm responsible, I live a good life, I've never been in a fight, and I have respect for those around me. But I'm kind of weird, and I don't generally like people because I know how many of them are capable of horrible things. It's very difficult to say what aspects of my personality were shaped by being hit as a kid, if any. I'll have to ask my counterpart in an alternate dimension where I wasn't spanked how it went for him.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
WYKEDVOODOO21HailedPanic913Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con proved physical punishment ineffective and traumatizing with a source.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
WYKEDVOODOO21HailedPanic913Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con Back his arguments with sources. And Con Gets spelling and grammar due to Pro not capitalizing a few things.