jazzi
AkulMunjal

Should schools enforce dress codes?

AkulMunjal

jazzi

Con

I absolutley say NOOOO to dress codes.
AkulMunjal

Pro

1. Dress Codes give students acceptable limits, they allow learning to happening at academic institutions, and are fair.
1. Constitutional basis: students are expected to behave a certain way while at school, because school is an Academic Institution.
2. It allows more learning to happening: dress codes shift the focus of students from their clothes to what they are learning in the class-room. This allows students to learn more, about the topics at hand.
3. Dress Codes are usually pretty liberal, and they do not stifle student creativity, they give students enough freedom, without making them all look the same.
jazzi

Con

Dress codes make young people - students - loose individuality.
AkulMunjal

Pro

Defense:
Cross apply my third argument, basically since dress codes are pretty liberal this argument does not apply because students are not losing individuality

Extend my previous arguments
jazzi

Con

Different people have different opinions and responses when it comes to the implementation of dress codes and I honestly believe that dress codes should not be enforced in schools anywhere.

Reasons, reasons, reasons. Most people do not see the reasons why I say that dress codes should not be imposed in schools. Seriously, don"t you think that teachers and administrators should be focusing on education instead of getting onto out cases about what we wear? I certainly think so. So, you must be wondering what other reasons I have to offer. Oh, I have plenty.

First of all, we know that most students don"t even like school, so dress codes just make them loath school more than they already do. Studies have shown that when you are overly pushy about a subject " especially rules and boundaries " it just makes them want to rebel against the implement that you are talking about. "To pay attention in school you need to be comfortable in what you"re wearing," says Mikaela Savanese from Minsington Elementary, and I totally agree. Usually, if I"m not comfortable in the clothes that I"m wearing then my day is miserable.

Although, how the students feel is very important, that is not the only reason dress codes should not be enforced. The economy also plays a part in this. "The reason that dress code[s] is bad is because dress code[s] create unnecessary expense because you have to buy more clothes to go to school instead of wearing what you have at home," says Anonymous on wiki.answers.com.
AkulMunjal

Pro

"First of all, we know that most students don"t even like school, so dress codes just make them loath school more than they already do. Studies have shown that when you are overly pushy about a subject " especially rules and boundaries ""
Extend my previous argument that said that dress codes are generally pretty liberal, basically this is solved for by liberal dress codes, and disregard this argument as it was made in the third round when it should have been made in the 1st or 2nd.

. "The reason that dress code[s] is bad is because dress code[s] create unnecessary expense because you have to buy more clothes to go to school instead of wearing what you have at home,
This argument is also solved by the previous argument so disregard it as well.

Now why dress codes are good, (my opponent has yet to refute them)
Vote Placed by Stonewall 3 years ago
Stonewall
jazziAkulMunjalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Why? Reasons, reasons, reasons.