JaidynGambrell16
iAm_GrKelly

Should schools get rid of sports?

Started: 4/29/2014 Category: Sports

JaidynGambrell16

Pro

Reasons why schools should get rid of Sports.
1.They take up money
2.They effect your grades
3.Cause violence
iAm_GrKelly

Con

They help grades, players must maintain a C average to be able to participate in sports.
Yes, injuries occur in sports such as football, hockey, wrestling, and basketball (These are the most common sports that injuries occur in) but the players know going in they can be hurt, and anyways, theres only a 20% chance of a lasting injury.
Athletes must pay to play in their sport, so the school does not pay for the equipment.
I myself play football baseball and basketball for the school, and love it
JaidynGambrell16

Pro

Sports are mostly played competitively. And sports require good sportsmanship which some people don't have. This leads to violence. When they lose they penalize their teamates. I have actually seen this happen.
iAm_GrKelly

Con

Competition is in EVERYTHING. I see kids compete in schoolwork (Homework, tests, etc), and yes, ive seen that turn into violence, but you dont see the school board or other members of the community trying to take away homework.
Honestly, taking away sports in middle schools and high schools would cause MORE of an outbreak, and violence and such because the kids that DO play sports would be out raged. Sports in schools has been a part of this world for along time, i do not see a reason to change
JaidynGambrell16

Pro

Don't forget the students that play sports and get bad grades. It is correct that students must maintain a C average to continue to play ,but most school athletes take advantage of that and their report cards are full of C's.
Also students may pay their fee to play sports but that money doesn't go toward keeping the fields healthy,the rented gyms or stadiums. For example volleyball students don't pay for the net and the poles. Those cost a lot of money.
iAm_GrKelly

Con

no, your right, they pay for the coaches to coach. But i myself play for a majors team, if we mess up the field, we pay for it. Its also the same way for my school, and my high school. Players are usually enspired to do better than a C because coaches appreciate it, and who doesnt want their coach happy? Sports are healthy for teens, they allow us to exercise in a monitered enviroment with our peers. Competition and funds as well as grades are just small barricades for committed athletes.
Posted by iAm_GrKelly 2 years ago
iAm_GrKelly
change the amount of words per round please, 500 is not enough