Should schools give extra recesses?

I do not think kids should have extra recess because it will totally deprive kids of there learning.

Before we begin I would like to thank you for debating with me.

I believe in quality over quantity. according to the American Academy of Paediatrics policy statement on "The Crucial Role of Recess in School." The results are the same whether the recess is held indoors or out. Directed attention, such as that used in academics, has its limits. Taking an unstructured break avoids attention fatigue, regardless of the age of the child. While the time spent at recess is shorter in middle school, the periodic breaks have the same optimizing effects on the brain.

You said: Recess "deprives children of learning"

This is incorrect it allows them to have more meaningful work time and therefore doesn't deprive children from learning, it does quite the opposite it allows children to focus and learn better making learning more meaningful

I look forward to your response.

Schools should not give extra recess because it takes time from learning. This is something I take in as possible!

In order to prevent myself from going in circles I will paraphrase my previous arguments to refute yours.

although there is slightly less time to work. students due to recess will be able to focus more by utilizing a break they can focus and produce higher quality work.

if you would like an elaboration on this idea. Refer to my previous argument.

I love school, and middle school is coming up. My school's kids love recess, but I don't.

Your children are right to love reccess it is beneficial and allows them to accomplish more work and focus better for an elaboration on this idea refer to my previous argument.
Posted by lilcheerleader2001 3 years ago
I thought I wouldn't win this one.
Nice way to reply!
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
Because I like friending people, and I'm nice and a like having friends. so yeah.
Vote Placed by bsh1 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Easy Pro ballot. Recess has net benefits. Thus, Pro wins.