jeph12
Viana

Should schools have a later starting time?

jeph12

Pro

Schools should have a later starting time so students in high school and middle school and can get more sleep.
Viana

Con

Hi, nice to meet you.
First of all I'm not entirely against this position. Yet I'm still going to entertain the argument.
The first thing to bear in mind is that having school start later in the day does not necessarily mean having the students getting the required amount of sleep. Many students stay up late and go to bed only when in a critical position when they know they'll have a really rough morning if they don't get some sleep immediately. Most people stay up until they have an incentive to go to bed. If you're on vacation you notice you'll go to bed later because you don't really have many pressing matters to do during the morning. Following the same logic, a student who used to go to bed at 00:00 to wake up at 06:00 would probably go to bed at 02:00 to wake up at 08:00 if classes started two hours later. My point is that it all comes down to a matter of habit and creating good habits where they don't exist.
jeph12

Pro

jeph12 forfeited this round.
Viana

Con

I've made my core points. Waiting on your response
jeph12

Pro

jeph12 forfeited this round.
Viana

Con

Is that it?
jeph12

Pro

jeph12 forfeited this round.
Viana

Con

Viana forfeited this round.
jeph12

Pro

jeph12 forfeited this round.
Viana

Con

Viana forfeited this round.