Doxy234
Rjupudi18

Should schools have dress codes

Rjupudi18 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Doxy234

Con

Have you ever once thought that dress code was unfair and sexist well I have. Why do girls have to cover up so much? So we don't distract boys? Well by enforcing dress code we are distracting the girls by making them go change during class. You may say it is because boys can't control themselves but if teen lesbians don't get "distracted" by girls in short shorts then boys shouldn't either. Teach boys to control themselves not teach girls they need to cover up.

I'm not trying to offend anyone I just want a clean debate
Rjupudi18

Pro

I think the school dress code is pretty fair. It's not just about boys not controlling themselves. It's about modesty and social dignity. Why would you go to school in a bikini? The point of going to school is to learn and get an education not expose your skin. Schools should be a place that teach our future generation to respect women not objectify them. Making boys control their urges sounds ideal but not realistic. It's not something you can change. It's natural human nature. You could use your same argument to allow public nudity but we know it's wrong. As civilized human beings, we have some social dos and don'ts. In a dignified, respected setting as a school, there needs to be a proper dress code.
Doxy234

Con

I see where you are coming from saying that it is human nature, but you know what else was human nature before we evolved? picking bugs out of each others hair and eating them. We can evolve and change. It's about dignity? so its not okay for a girl to wear a skirt that isn't past her fingertips but it is ok for a guys to have no shirt on? A guy can wear a shirt with sexual references, but the bra strap, oh no the horror.
Posted by XxFoxlordxX 1 year ago
XxFoxlordxX
Exactly!
Posted by dunrye 1 year ago
dunrye
I think that the "con" argument is a bit flawed, because you can't say with certainty that all lesbian females are able to "control" themselves, and you can't say with certainty that all males can't control themselves, so I believe that it isn't a strong argument simply because it isn't always the case for either side. Some males can control themselves, and some lesbian females can't.
Posted by XxFoxlordxX 1 year ago
XxFoxlordxX
Teach boys to behave themselves? Sounds pretty sexist to me...