pandacheeks
Stephen_Hawkins

Should schools have servaillence cameras

Stephen_Hawkins

pandacheeks

Pro

I strongly believe that Ilam School should have surveillance cameras and I am going to talk to you about three different reasons why you need them.

1# My first reason is SAFTEY and in this case they could be very useful because if some ones getting hurt or bullied we wouldn"t know and you can"t stop what you can"t see I think that it would be useful even though you would most likely like to think about bullying in this school it is still happening the sometimes and we need to stop it.

2#My second reason is theft if someone were to steal something or even another student steals the Ilam school sign again it"s another serious reason and it"s also another reason why YOU NEED IT because like I said before if you can"t see it you can"t stop it so THINK ABOUT IT YOUNEED IT.

3# My third and final reason is COST I think everyone was thinking and wondering about it. it would ONLY be a small fortune and IT IS WORTH IT about the theft and bullying it can all be easier JUST THINK ABOUT IT YOU NEED IT .
By: Marina Goodrich
Stephen_Hawkins

Con

I accept. Seeing as this just seems to be opening claims, I'll post mine here:

1) Freedom of a Private Life
2) Cost Efficiency
3) A Failed Solution

Firstly, everyone has the right to a private life. Our right to do something without prying eyes is a cornerstone to our freedom. Thus, we should be promoting our liberties by not allowing schools to peer over the lives of students. The power leads to corruption, as all of history tells us. The liberty that students rarely possess would be squandered, diminished, and inevitably removed, from the initiation of such equipment.

Secondly, it is extremely cost ineffective to get cameras. For the cameras to work well, they must cover masses of a school, with each costing around "600 or $1000 dollars each[1] for a good model. The cost, then, would be of purchasing a couple hundred cameras per school, as well as maintenance, replacement, spares, and techies to run the whole shop. This would be extremely excessive for the budget of any school.

Thirdly, and most importantly to rebut my opponent's case, it doesn't work. Cameras are in place in many schools, and they don't drop the level of petty school banter such as taking a pen for a bit or the very, very rare fight. These are done impulsively as a joke, or from highly sprung emotion, both of which being spotted wouldn't change. In crime, there is good reason to say CCTVs don't work[2]. Thus, the resolution is negated.

1 - http://www.iviewcameras.co.uk...
2 - http://www.guardian.co.uk...
pandacheeks

Pro

pandacheeks forfeited this round.
Stephen_Hawkins

Con

Vote CON.
pandacheeks

Pro

pandacheeks forfeited this round.
pandacheeks

Pro

pandacheeks forfeited this round.
Stephen_Hawkins

Con

Vote CON.
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
pandacheeksStephen_HawkinsTied
Reasons for voting decision: ?