Craycrayyyyyy
HauntedShadows

Should schools have study hall?

Craycrayyyyyy

Pro

I think that schools should have a study hall because they can get some of their homework done if they are super busy after school. Study hall is also a good time for students to talk to their teachers and get help on things they don't get or if they need to they can do make up work or take tests and quizzes that they missed.

From a teachers standpoint this is a nice quiet time that they can use to correct papers, enter grades in the grade book, do lesson plans and also they can make tests, quizzes, or worksheets.
HauntedShadows

Con

I accept, I hope this proves to be an interesting debate!

Before we start, I thought it would be beneficial to clarify a 'study hall', as well as 'school':
1) Study: The devotion of time and attention to gaining knowledge of an academic subject.
2) Hall: A large building or room.
3) School: An institution for educating children.

I took it that this first round was for acceptance, so following this we can start the debate.
I would like to wish my opponent the very best of luck!
Craycrayyyyyy

Pro

Thank you for the luck and good luck to you as well!:D... there is one thing that you nee to know, just for starters.... I am a student myself so the reason that I want to see other peoples opinions is because I just want to know what other people think of this as well!!! :D

I do understand that studying is the devotion of your time and attention to gain knowledge of an academic subject, a hall is a large building or room and that a school is a place where children can go to become educated in many subjects. But I feel that this is a beneficial time or both students and teachers because it gives the students some time to do some less vigorous work with their brains and it also gives the teachers some time to relax or to do things they need to get done. Also this time gives teachers a break from basically repeating the same thing all day with their classes (if you are in middle school or high school), I know that I would find this to be extremely boring after a day of doing this....
I would love to hear what you have to say to this!

-Craycrayyyyyy
HauntedShadows

Con

HauntedShadows forfeited this round.
Craycrayyyyyy

Pro

Craycrayyyyyy forfeited this round.
HauntedShadows

Con

HauntedShadows forfeited this round.