lilcheerleader2001
Theqeustioner

Should schools have video games

lilcheerleader2001

lilcheerleader2001

Con

I am against this because it would deprive the kids of there learning. I could see a laptop or an Ipad for learning things, but not as a daily ritual.
Theqeustioner

Pro

i disagree i mean you have textbooks in scools but with tchnoloy you can so much more information thats why i am for the motion
lilcheerleader2001

Con

I am against this because it would deprive the kids of there learning. I could see a laptop or an Ipad for learning things, but not as a daily ritual. Also if you are at school playing video games you will not get a good job and will be forced to live without a job at all. Another thing is if you have video games, at school, you will not be as advanced as you may be when you are a grown adult. You would be playing video games all of your life. When I was a kid, there were no video games, except maybe the Game Cube, and I didn't have one. Video games would just deprive the kids from learning and no kid would learn because all they would want to do is play video games.
Theqeustioner

Pro

Having video games at school is educational.It brings in new information it also helps their memory if players are able to memorize the proceed farther into the game they are playing therefor it does help memory.If my opponent thinks it is good not to let children have these benefits then what will happen to all the children out there who love new information.
thank you
lilcheerleader2001

Con

I see your point but am sorry to say that school is not meant to be spent playing games. If the games are educational, like games on an Ipad, then I say that is ok. But other than that school, is sort of meant to not have fun things but more of the different possibilities of learning. Kids need school to know things that will help them all together.
Theqeustioner

Pro

there are things worthwhile in video games i mean look at woodlands maths, people are learning their maths even better on it.Schools should have video games because of education, memory and new information
Posted by Adilya 3 years ago
Adilya
I disagree with this statement because video games will destroy children's desire to study even most of them do not have desire to study, and it will lead to different problems like dependence to play games, become lazy and will go down grades.
Posted by Theqeustioner 3 years ago
Theqeustioner
why did u make the voting period
Posted by Theqeustioner 3 years ago
Theqeustioner
good for u but never debated in my life
Posted by lilcheerleader2001 3 years ago
lilcheerleader2001
Understood. School could use some for that purpose but still. You would need to find the find the right games and the,,,, hey I am going to make a debate and we could do it on this. We seem to be having a debate any way
Posted by TD_Cole 3 years ago
TD_Cole
Not only quality assurance testers but there are even games like (DCUO) that the company actually pays people to just play the game. No idea how much they'd make but they have to make enough to survive on.
Posted by TD_Cole 3 years ago
TD_Cole
Wii could be used for physical education via they use it properly. Anyways, is your theories based on Nintendo alone? That's the only console product you seem to object to. What is they developed a console focused on only educational purposes K-12. Teaching every skill necessary.

These are factors to be considered that haven't been.

Not to mention video games help with problem solving. The harder the difficulty you figure it out on the better you become at it.
lilcheerleader2001
I understand your reason on having leap pad or something like that. I am talking more about wii and the ds. Unless these things all of a sudden come up with an educational game. Oh and thequestioner, it was actually my first time too. I signed up yesterday.
Posted by likespeace 3 years ago
likespeace
The average salary for video game quality assurance is $28,000[1], which works out to be about $14/hr. Still, that's a step up from what you'd make at Mickey D's or Starbucks, and another a great example that skill at video games won't lead to you being jobless.

[1] - http://www.simplyhired.com...

I think educational games--such as Leapfrog--are the real killer of this argument. Many schools nowadays utilize computer labs for fun math and english games. :)
Posted by TD_Cole 3 years ago
TD_Cole
Yeah, quality assurance testers (Video Game testers) only make up to $60 h/r, It not only could be used for educational but it generally helps hand eye coordination. It would depend on the video games that's in school themselves. Coolmath.com is one of many educational gaming sites. Leapfrog is helpful. Need I go on? Not my debate but neither case shows sufficient evidence proving their cases. This in terms finds no relevance to anything that is actually in schools.

Con agrees with Pro on the basis for education purposes.

All in all it sounds more of a matter of opinion over facts. No studies in either debate suggest their side. Just common sense. Neither Swayed me to their side. Only difference maker Con had better spelling and grammar.

Also Con, when you were a kid there was only game cube? Is this regional based? There are so many consoles that dates 50 years back that is not a game cube. Game cube went in retail in 2001. It wasn't the first console.
Posted by Theqeustioner 3 years ago
Theqeustioner
sorry its my first time
Vote Placed by Lizard 3 years ago
Lizard
lilcheerleader2001TheqeustionerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's argument is that school is for education, not gaming. Pro claims that gaming can be used for education, but never really shows how. They both agree that educational video games are good, but that's not what this debate is about.
Vote Placed by likespeace 3 years ago
likespeace
lilcheerleader2001TheqeustionerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had a few weak claims, for example: "When I was a kid, there were no video games, except maybe the Game Cube." -- Video games such as Pong preceded the Game Cube by decades. "if you are at school playing video games you will not get a good job" -- This is a bare assertion with no cited sources to support it. Still, Pro did not challenge any of Con's claims in round two. Clearly, Con's "no jobs when they grow up" trumps "good exercise for the memory". Pro also failed in round one or two to point out the many educational games. He only does so in the final round, but I disregard this, as new arguments should be introduced early enough for the opponent to rebut them. Thus, arguments to Con. Pro did not capitalize several words. Thus, S&G to Con.