Pyroguy2222
allentolemy007

Should schools provide school supplies?

allentolemy007

Pyroguy2222

Con

Schools should not provide school supplies because it is at least 8,828 per district.
allentolemy007

Pro

Hi,con
This is my second debate in this site. First of all I wish best of luck.
I stand on my side that schools should provide school supplies because of some reasons given below.
*The schools situated in the remote places of the countries should provide school supplies. Because the students may not have a chance to buy school supplies as there may not be book stalls or stationery shops.
*The parents should have to rush for these materials in their rush life.
*And we now how much stress they take in their day to day life and when we ask them to buy this and that and if they forget about that matter the student has to hear the scold for it.
*All the school supplies are not readily available in every shops.
*School supplying these supplies reduces transport cost and by the way reduces pollution.
And so it is a very practical thing that school supply these things.
Pyroguy2222

Con

Schools should not provide school supplies because some parents can pay for their own children and others.
allentolemy007

Pro

And that's only an exception. But the very efficient way is school providing these supplies. In this debate I got a comment that ordering the books online is cost effective and if the schools order this books online they can get more discount and we can get in a more lower cost than actual cost. And all the student do not have an Internet connection.Do you know a fact schools take this supplies from a wholesale shop which has less cost than retail shops and we cannot get at that price when we buy 1 or 2 books.
When schools buy these books they can select books according to the syllabus. And when we buy these books we may not get right book.
Last year my maths teacher for practice of our exam asked every students to buy 'OSWAAL SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER' from open market. Since the academic year has started we could not order it from board. We students suffered a lot most of them could not get the right copy and in some shops the book was out of stock. And this year we ordered it from the board earlier and how relieved we students and parents are.And that's all for today.
Pyroguy2222

Con

Schools should not provide school supplies because it is at least $100 a student.
allentolemy007

Pro

So if it costs $100 a student if school supplies materials, then it would go more than that if the student buys that from a shop outside. It would go more than that including transport charges.And I don't believe that some textbooks,notebooks and some school accessories would go up to $100.I hope that I have done well in this debate and please vote for the convincing argument.And I sincerely thank con for posting a wonderful debate like this.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Well I know some schools have one set of text books which stay in the class. If you need to do homework, you must check out a textbook or access it online. Very cost effective, so I feel other supplies can use this system.
Posted by allentolemy007 3 years ago
allentolemy007
I did not understand the introductory sentence.
Vote Placed by Defro 3 years ago
Defro
Pyroguy2222allentolemy007Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provide sound arguments and rebuttals.