lilcheerleader2001
tmar19652

Should schools spend money

tmar19652

lilcheerleader2001

Con

Should schools spend money? Maybe. Schools are losing money day after day. Schools are becoming worse, day after day. What is are economy going to do. Schools should only spend money on things like, laptops, and Ipads, and maybe leap pads for K-2. Schools need these things because, well, these are semi educational. Laptops are good for typing things. The school I teach at has an e-mail account for every kid in the fifth grade. This way we can type up stories and share them to other students and teachers. The laptops are good for students to get an idea on the thing there learning. But still, the school I teach at keeps getting new playground equipment, and are slowly losing money. Still, kids may need these things like recess, or PE, or Art, but they don't need knew equipment EVERY year.
tmar19652

Pro

You have the burden of proof to show why schools should only spend money on laptops and iPads. And I will argue that schools should spend money on those things and educational materials too.
lilcheerleader2001

Con

Why, yes, I did say stuff like that but, that does not mean that much. OK, so what I mean is to spend on stuff that are usless, like a gym that has every piece of equipment, and goes out and buys 10 more. Useless stuff are stupid.
tmar19652

Pro

You said in the first round that "Schools should only spend money on things like, laptops, and Ipads, and maybe leap pads for K-2", however to function, schools need to spend money on books, teachers, desks, and rent. So I win on that point alone.

A school that only buys Ipads and laptops cannot fuction as a school, and I have now proven your resolution to be illogical and false.
lilcheerleader2001

Con

OMG. This is now going to far. Yes, I get your point. Once again your logic is neat but for some reason you're not getting my point. Many people don't see that schools are slowly losing money due to the amount of students/teachers/paras. Schools should set a limit of the amount of kids. That way schools don't have to spend that much on the teachers. Though that may mean people may lose jobs, but there are schools all across America. Desks, as you put it are another thing, schools should save all desks that they have, when a kid leaves. That way there will be a desk when someone new comes to the school. Also, they should have fundraisers so they can earn money. Another thing is instead of buying books, have a donation drive, so that the school won't have to buy new books, but get books free. They could check all books before using them. Also, instead of renting the building, they could just buy it. Public schools, just shouldn't spend money. They don't have people spend money to go there.

If you would like to continue this debate please continue it by making a new debate or in the comments.
tmar19652

Pro

My opponent seems to have ignored my point. You said that schools should only spend money on laptops, Ipads and leap pads (Quoting you:"Schools should only spend money on things like, laptops, and Ipads, and maybe leap pads for K-2"). Under your system that would be all a school could buy/rent. They could not buy or rent a building. They could not buy or rent books, and they could not spend money to pay teachers.

Under my opponents system, schools could not exist, and therefore I urge you to vote Pro.
Vote Placed by morgan2252 4 years ago
morgan2252
lilcheerleader2001tmar19652Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I understand that this is unvoted and needs votes, but I'm not quite sure how to cast my vote. First, the debate itself isn't very clear. However, I love con's enthusiasm, and I understand that this is her first debate. (I also realize that she is in 5th grade.) Regardless, she did not clarify her statement, so I have to award conduct to pro. Everything else seemed even to me.