Should schools teach ww1 and ww2 from both perspectives (German and axis powers and allied)

Yes it is important for the school system to tell the story of the German and axis powers to show that not all nazis were bad along with axis power soldiers. History was written by the victors and there story is told over and over again. There barly any cases of a history teacher teaching the world wars from the axis powers point of view.

This will be a fun and interesting debate for me personally, because I actually have no solid take on this matter. I wouldn't say I'm playing Devil's advocate, nor am I expressing my own views on it. My hopes are that you may sway me. I thank you for the opportunity, and will begin with the appropriate contentions.

II.Terms and Conditions

It is important to, when learning about both world wars, consider the conditions of all countries involved before, during and after the war. This is not a part of ciriculum that is commonly ignored. As the education system of the Western world has gradually become less biased, beneficial and rewarding to Western powers. However, the notion that somehow the schools are responsible from teaching the perspective of all of the Axis and Allied powers in the same steaming pot of controversy is highly irrefutable. The Axis powers were just what most people perceive them as on the surface - no 'true' or legitimate traits were hidden by propaganda. The Axis was maniacal, fascist, and overwhelmingly genocidal. Each Axis power was responsible for a different tragedy in the world, and they all had their own incentives.

To begin with, by using the term 'Axis' you are describing the side of the Second World War which opposed the Allied Powers. The Axis Powers were three major countries; Germany, Italy and Japan. While other more minor countries, like Austria, were also fallen in support of the imperialist countries. However, most of the education system teaches that Germany was in a poor economic conidtion with the rule of the Weimer Republic, and that Japan was embargoed by America for their Pacific War, and that Italy had a hard time dealing with Fascists. But none of them truly deserve sympathy. Germany committed genocidal acts and blatantly ignored international laws, whilst Italy invaded Ethiopia in 1935 for no other reason than to have Germany on its side and evade its otherwise iminent invasion. And to top it off, Imperial Japan invaded China [landing first in Manchuria] in 1937 to occupy the land and make a statement, out of aggression towards the U.S for its embargo on China, in 1941 a famous event referred to as 'Peal Harbour' happened, where the naval fleet located in Pearl Habour, Hawaii, was sent under military attack by Japanese Kamakazi pilots. Japan was later hit with two nuclear bombs and tens of atomic bombs, in the famous Allied bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. When the Western powers of the U.S and Canada had arrived in western Europe to begin the liberation process, Italy backed out of the war to evade the consequences of its participation, but Germany remained strong and held down the fort. It was soon thereafter that preceding Hitler's suicide, the German military declared surrender, Berlin was taken along with the rest of Gemany by the Red Army, and America focused its manpower on killing German High Command officials for their crimes, and also attacking Japan.

The German High Command deserves no sympathy, they were directly responsible for carrying out the genocidal acts of Germany in World War Two and could easily have resisted carrying out said orders, as General of the Wehrmacht Erwin Rommel became famously known for doing. Not to even mention that the Reichsfuhrer of the SS, Heinrich Himmler, fled Germany along with the air marschall to avoid capture and conviction. The Axis powers were well aware of their faults and simply tried to dance around international law and pull as many 'victim cards' as possible.

(I would have a longer argument but I must get to my next class. I will make better ones later.)

well done I admit you are very good a this. ill friend you after debate.

they are only taught the bad parts of the axis powers but there are good parts to there were friendships formed between axis soldiers and allied soldiers. the germans struggled near the end and are taught that the downfall of the third Reich was good and quickly. but it was not they took young men my age and younger to fight for the front lines and sure I admit the Nazis were bad. but history by the victors. there are stories of allied soldiers killing civilians some Americans and lots of Russians. but they don't teach the war crimes Americans and Russians commited

Thank you very much for the compliment. As a suggestion I would advise more detail and organization in your debates.

However, I will now turn to my rebuttals for this round, and then some explanations.

A huge issue with Pro's arguments is that the notions within each bear their own falsehood. To begin with, most education systems provide a proper explanation for the incentives the Axis Powers fostered in order to become what they did.

For example, Japan had the motive of being embargoed in its supply of oil by the Americans for their attacks on other countries in the Pacific Coast. And their national oil supply was on the decline after the embargo was issued.

Germany had the motive of having a poor economy, restricted military, and having to pay a wicked (estimation is about 500 million) in war reparations preceding the First World War, even though the war had started in the Balkans and Germany only took the most heat because it was the last standing power on the "enemy" side.

The only Axis Power not many people know about is Fascist Italy, and how Mussolini's seizing of power was the product of a major political tension that arose in Italy in the 1920's, and landed Italy in deep warfare, sending troops into Africa and successfully pushing Ethiopia to a formal military surrender in 1935.

Now it is actually quite rare for people in the West to even have comprehension of how the Second World War ended, yes, but that is also on the fault of the teachers, as they are given state/province-regulated curricular lessons to teach their students are responsible for delivering the information however they deem fit. Yet the downfall of the Third Reich was a very slow thing and generally the battles between Axis and Allies leading into the end of WWII are briefly covered in most World History classes. And most students seem well-aware that the two major battles leading into Hitler's suicide were the Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Berlin, both involving the Soviet Red Army and Nazi Military.

Many who recognize Adolf Hitler's downfall acknowledge his suicide, but also fail to recognize the suicide of other High Command officials such as Joseph Goebbels and his wife, Hitler's wife, the murder of their children by cyanide, the murder of Hitler's dog, Blondie, and several others. But these are minor details that can be learned in elective courses - they are not necessary in common core.

So people learn what they need to, they learn about the Holocaust, invasion of China, the invasion of Ethiopia - but Italy still remains ignored, which is logical because its only involvement in WWII would really be a pre-war attack on Ethiopia ordered by Hitler. Mussolini just wanted a rich Fascist world leader on his side as it was lucrative and ensured the safety of his people.

waffenss forfeited this round.

Pro has forfeited, please vote for Con.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeits by Pro, so conduct to Con. Therefore, all of Con's arguments in the 2nd round were dropped, while Con refuted Pro's arguments.