Should scooterlads be banned from skateparks and society?

Started: 6/8/2015 Category: Sports

I believe that all scotterlads should be repelled from society as they are worthless.

Before I begin this debate I would like to clear the terms;

scooterlads; anything that is for transportation that requires work from the body

banned; be forbidden to be seen or used at all

skate parks; a place where you ride skateboards and other transportation that requires work from the body

society; the society we will be basing this off is the United States of America

Now that my terms are cleared I will begin my arguments

1) Skate parks

There are tons of skate parks around the world. If you get rid of scooterlads then these skate parks will be used for nothing. A waste of money and time to make them just to be banned from use. It is also a waste of space.

2) Healthy

Riding scooterlads is healthy. It is a lot more healthy then driving in a car, and it saves you gas. So if you ban scooterlads then you ban the chance for people to be able to go out and get some exercise riding a bike or riding a skateboard.

3) Transportation

Riding a bike or riding a skateboard is sometimes the only transportation a kid has. If you ban these items then you ban the chance for a kid to be able to get to a place quicker. I will sometimes ride my bike to school and the time is nearly cut in half then if I were to walk.

I am not really sure that I am debating the same thing you are, I searched scooterlads but it is not considered a word. I am really excited to see how this goes.

Scooter lads must be banned as they are a stain on society. They are outcasts, so they must, must be treated like this. It is their destiny.

Before I begin I hope Pro knows he has the BOP to prove that scooterlads are bad and should be repelled, I thought it was clear but it doesn't seem like you know that.

1) Rebuts

"Scooter lads must be banned as they are a stain on society." You have said this yet you have not backed it up with any proof or evidence for how it is a stain on society. Pro also failed to rebut any of my cases that I stated.

TheRealBeno forfeited this round.

(Extended Arguments) Vote Con
Posted by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
I even agree my argument was weak I wasn't 100% sure what he was debating but I had a feeling it was a sort of troll. Hey if you can get an easy win take it. But yeah it was and I realized it after it was too late. Thank you for the criticism. ;)
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 1 year ago
Though it's not the job of a tabula rasa judge to judge, cookie's first point actually doesn't stand. This is because the costs incurred in existing skate parks are sunk costs. Future decisions should not take sunk costs into account, or we will be making irrational decisions that do not maximise utility. I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but please take this as constructive criticism :)
Vote Placed by Diqiucun_Cunmin 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: This is a clear Con win. He presents three points against the resolution, none of which were refuted by Pro, including the existence of skate parks, health and transport arguments, all of which support the idea that being a scooterlad is beneficial. Pro only made bare assertions like claiming scooterlads are 'worthless' and 'outcasts', and that being banned is their 'destiny'. Thus my arguments vote goes to Con. Conduct to Con for Pro's forfeit.