ATR2004
TyroneShelton

Should sex Ed be taught at a young age such as 11

ATR2004

Con

NO IT should not not at eleven maybe 14 or 14 but at 11 or below that is an age for kids to learn good stuff and prosper not be disgusted and never feel fully comfortable with themselves again and unless and student asks about safe sex they don't tell you why would young children need to know how to make babies they are like probably 8 or 10 maybe even 15 years from needing a child might as well tell the kids about blowjobs and anal and handjobs
TyroneShelton

Pro

Sex ed - It has always been more of an awkward topic. But the Victorian view needs to end. Children need to know. Or else they will find out, and it is better to show children things than letting them find out... On the internet. Then parents/teachers get to choose what to show children. Children are curious, and they are rebels. So frowning upon something or refusing to answer a question because it is "too weird" only reinforces this taboo. Puberty starts at age 10-12. It ends at ages 15-17. If you have hormones in your body, children will naturally want to explore those urges. It seems logical to start teaching puberty, before it starts, not after it is over.

But as far as a transition to Puberty in the US goes, the US is in the shitters. In 2013 according to US department of Human Services, 3.9% of women ages 15-19 were pregnant. 60% of college students report drinking in the past month, of those two thirds have reported binge drinking in the past month. Over 1 million students in college are assaulted or injured as a result of alcohol.

I think we need to be more transparent with children. Put everything on the table and let them decide what happiness means to them.
ATR2004

Con

You make a fine point in round one good job pal I'm trying to keep this a debate not a aggressive argument anyways yes children should learn about this but it should be the parents responsibility or like I said before wait till they are older when they will actually want to have children havering children isn't in a child's mind at 11 years old and in my school they used to put it WAY TO GRAPHIC for the first year I felt like tearing my eyes and ears out they should at least tone it down a little by not saying the ***** goes into the ****** first thing and maybye NOT SHOW PICTURES OF THE ***** and the ****** in full detail like I said the parents should be responsible for their OWN CHILD I gotta go take your best shot
TyroneShelton

Pro

I am sorry if you think pictures of genitalia are offensive. However, most schools send out a letter to parents for their consent in presenting the sex ed. If parents dont consent the children will not be shown the information.
ATR2004

Con

I don't think the pictures are offensive I think that SOME schools go a big to far also I've seen parents I know talk about these letters here's one of THIER opinions I'm allowed to post it "I don't think my child should be concert with having a kid at this age i don't want him to know these facts right now If anything I want my child to learn from me not from a random adult
Plus it's even more embarking for them becuase they are usually with the other gender leading to high embaresment
I'm not saying completely eliminate this subject but it should be optional if parents aren't ready for their child to learn this plus the name of the debate is if it should be taught at a young age not never any ways this is the last round it's been great debate one with you goodbye
TyroneShelton

Pro

Teachers are trained professionals. And I can show you a random adult teaching your child about sex ed, and children will find it. If they dont, they wont develop properly.

Youre acting like genitalia are some kind of life changing, shock and awe thing. They are very normal things, not part of the everyday but a big part of your life. You will get over the "He said butt" thing for genitalia. Trust me on that.
Posted by mentalist 2 years ago
mentalist
There are countries where the people walk around naked, yet, there is no rape or obsession over sex. I think the issue stems from objectification by the media and a lack of communal and societal values. The human body is not gross, however, the devaluation of the complete individual and the praise of sexuality causes infatuation.
Posted by ATR2004 2 years ago
ATR2004
Well guys soon voting time is gonna come and I'm glad I got a chance to discus this no matter who wins I will always think sex ed should not be taught at a young age
Posted by ATR2004 2 years ago
ATR2004
The reason I censored words in round 2 was to not ruin young children's lives
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
Look at the countries with the lowest teen pregnancy rate, and see how they do it.
http://www.unicef.org...
https://www.guttmacher.org...