yolomonkey
migmag

Should sex education be banned in middle schools

yolomonkey has forfeited round #4.

yolomonkey

Con

Just a fun little topic to debate about. round one is acceptance, pro starts, no forfeiting and please no subjective arguments. Have fun
migmag

Pro

While I realize sex education is awkward for young people, making them wait until 15 or 16 years of age is very bad for their development
yolomonkey

Con

im terribly sorry but there might be a slight confusion ... you see con means that i am against it being banned and your comment seemed to be con...

but otherwise:
sex education shouldnt be banned in middle schools and for a lot of reasons, one of them being sexual awareness. If we can start making people aware at the appropriate age of contraception, STD's and so on, the risk of teenage pregnancy and ofcourse the spreading of STD's would be reduced by quite a big amount, due to the knowledge of the different ways of protecting against them. But some sort of minimum age must definitely be in place but stil the sooner the better.

Since sex education isn't only just plain old sex, I would like to stress the importance of the different types of sexual orientations, such as bisexual, homosexual and so on. This alone would make people understand that this is not something bad and hopefully in the future, the homophobic percentege would decrease.
migmag

Pro

sorry for the confusion, we're on the same page, Republicans would love to ban it so that they can tell their children it's not ok to be LGBT, etc
yolomonkey

Con

so this isnt even a debate anymore?
migmag

Pro

I believe in public education so everyone is taught a fair and balanced and most importantly FACT based information
Posted by migmag 7 months ago
migmag
I believe in public education, I don't believe in people brainwashing their kids at home