Flynn1999
CTQ

Should skateboarders be kicked out of places because they were skateboarding on that places property

Flynn1999
Started: 4/27/2016 Category: Sports

Flynn1999

Con

Skateboarding is not a crime, its a sport and a mode of transportation. Kids and adults do it and love it! So why are people getting kicked out and sometimes thrown in jail because they were skateboarding on a store front's property? The answer is very simple and obvious. The store owners or businesses don't want the skateboarder to sue them if they get hurt, and they don't want the skateboarders to damage property. All we need to do to fix this is say that the skateboarders cannot damage property, or they will be asked to leave. I will have you know I would obey that if it meant i could skate at the local out door mall! The second thing we can do is pass a law saying anyone hurt on a skateboard cannot file any sort of lawsuit towards the property it is on. You don't see kids suing the city for getting hurt at a skate park do you? I don't ever have to sign anything when I go skate there. Please help fight this, there is so much hate towards skateboarders and skateboarding that it has become nearly impossible to skate any where except the local skate parks. What people don't realize is that skateboarding is getting kids up and active, instead of sitting at home all day watching porn and playing video games. I used to do those things and now I go out to skateboard with my best of friends almost every day! Plus, it is a way to exercise. Kids that skateboard are often more fit from the waist down then most football, basketball, and soccer players. So come help me fight to get these laws in place or at least get the attention of some government officials and city officials to pass something that could help us with this hatred toward our skateboarding neighbors.
CTQ

Pro

If it is their property, and they need not wish skateboarders to skate on their area, they have every right to disallow it. Part of the reason may be fear of lawsuits; however, most of it is likely that they simply don't want their land to be ruined, as well as the sound pollution. Also, this entire section "What people don't realize is that skateboarding is getting kids up and active, instead of sitting at home all day watching porn and playing video games. I used to do those things and now I go out to skateboard with my best of friends almost every day! Plus, it is a way to exercise. Kids that skateboard are often more fit from the waist down then most football, basketball, and soccer players," has nothing to do with your argument. Yes, skateboarding is good exercise, but that isn't what's being debated.
Flynn1999

Con

Flynn1999 forfeited this round.
CTQ

Pro

To reinstate my main point, it is their property. If they don't want skateboarders on it, it's their choice. You, Flynn1999, may wish for this to not be so, but basic property law doesn't agree with you.
Posted by CTQ 1 year ago
CTQ
This is crap. I clearly won. Why was this vote not taken out?
Posted by Flynn1999 1 year ago
Flynn1999
and it's way cheaper! but people just don't like it. there is so much hatred towards us its so bad!
Posted by Flynn1999 1 year ago
Flynn1999
Posted by lwittman 1 year ago
lwittman
So am I, its a much cleaner way to get around, its not faster but it is much more fun than driving a car.
Posted by Flynn1999 1 year ago
Flynn1999
Sorry i am not against it I am for skateboarders skating where ever they damn well please.
Posted by lwittman 1 year ago
lwittman
Was all excited for this debate topic, then I realized that you had the same stance as me.
Vote Placed by lwittman 1 year ago
lwittman
Flynn1999CTQTied
Reasons for voting decision: I love skateboarding