samsun01
silverhyruler

Should slaughterhouses be closed in India

silverhyruler has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

samsun01

Con

First round is acceptance . Most of the slaughterhouses in India are being closed . I am debating that they should not be closed
silverhyruler

Pro

I'll accept it. Good luck con!
samsun01

Con

I think that banning selling of beef meat is wrong .

1) Right to freedom- The constitution tells us that every Indian has a right to choose what he likes , i.e even eating meat .
2)It is not the government's business to interfere in the people's choice .
3) In states like Gujarat , Rajasthan , Uttar Pradesh and many more states , selling eating beef is banned . In a tourist state like Goa , eating beef is banned , the Tourism sector will hit .
4)Many people may lose their lives . for ex:- People working in slaughter houses , people rearing the animals , poultry farmers etc.....
silverhyruler

Pro

Banning slaughterhouses, if it is what the majority wants, is fine.

People should be able to vote on if they don't want the slaughterhouses. If someone wanted to raise cows to eat on their own, that would be their own decision and should be legal.

People will not lose their lives over this. They will be able to get different jobs instead. That is a ridiculous point as people get laid off all the time.
samsun01

Con

According to data released by Foreign Agricultural Services/US Department of Agriculture, India along with Brazil remained top global exporter of beef during the year 2016. In the financial year 2015-16 India"s total earning from buffalo meat export was 26,682 Crore Rupees.
So banning beef meat not only means loss in the jobs sector but also in the financial sector .

India produced 3.643 million metric tons of beef in 2012, of which 1.963 million metric tons was consumed domestically and 1.680 million metric tons was exported. India ranks 5th in the world in beef production, 7th in domestic consumption and 1st in exporting.

These are my thoughts on beef ban "WHO THE HELL IS THE GOVT TO DECIDE WHAT WE EAT"
Posted by WAKAWAKA 1 year ago
WAKAWAKA
I am somewhat interested in this debate, if I were to take Aff would I have to use Indian law, or is this a purely theoretical debate?