SaveThePandas
HoldenLewis

Should slavery be brought back

SaveThePandas

Pro

You know how Martin Luther King Jr said his "I have a dream" speach? Well I disagree with it. I think there should be seperation between blacks and whites. I personally think its a good idea. I like the idea of seperation. What do you guys think?
HoldenLewis

Con

Should slavery be brought back in America?

I'm not sure if I have ever heard such a ridicules and ignorant question.

P1: slavery will never be brought back (I think we all know that)

P2: Just in case you're still considering this, slavery is the start of racism in America and death of so many men and women's basic human rights

P3: Slavery is the worst thing to come from America and in case you have not made up your mind here are some articles

http://www.history.com...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com...

Slavery is a terrible act and this argument is just an ignorant and dense man trying to increase the stereotype of Racist America
SaveThePandas

Pro

SaveThePandas forfeited this round.
HoldenLewis

Con

HoldenLewis forfeited this round.
SaveThePandas

Pro

SaveThePandas forfeited this round.
HoldenLewis

Con

HoldenLewis forfeited this round.
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
The guy is sure to not come back. We know that there are more than enough people who actually WANT to support this... crazy. That one would come out of the woodwork long enough to explain their dysfunctional brain would be nice.

I don't know how many times I have seen the line "we need a honest discussion of race". This same line has two very different meanings. From the average terrified raciest it means, we need to talk about thugs, and how to keep them away from the good people of the world. To the other, its a discussion of systemic racism.

I think - given a chance to talk freely - the disgusting truth is, many like the poster would like to bring back slavery.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
information is separation, i am one is true
Posted by demia 2 years ago
demia
Hello,
Honestly, one of the founding fathers of America came up with the Emancipation Declaration for a good reason. And that is to mainly view all individuals as equals. Whether he be white, black, brown.
These points were what slaves went through:
- they were casted on with red hot irons to show that they had been sold to an owner.
- they lived off of almost no money, and they were treated like dogs( quite literally)
- their families got separated where they were auctioned off in markets
- there were more than 3000 slaves in a boat that can only hold 750 people. This was compared in recent times to gathering all the sheep into one single barn.
The above points were only some of the things slaves underwent.
If you could undergo these things, by all means, reply to this comment.
Posted by grsprice1 2 years ago
grsprice1
Wow. This has got to be the most idiotic debate ever. How can you ever justify the legality and morality of the practice of slavery?

No government in the world now supports slavery, and even though forms of slavery are still being illegally practiced, doesn't mean that the world, or particularly in this case I assume, The USA, should ever even comprehend the thought to bring the brutal, immoral and degrading process back into the public consciousness. And the people who are illegally practicing it need to be caught and imprisoned for life, without parole, immediately preferably.

If you honestly believe that slavery should be brought back, you've got to be legally insane to think that.
Posted by Beyoncebetwice 2 years ago
Beyoncebetwice
This is such a disgusting debate. You seriously think another human should be OWNED by someone? You are an abomination if that is truly something you believe. I'm not trying to pick fights with anyone but this topic is one of the most disgusting opinions I have ever seen out of someone living in the 21st century. You need to take a look at your life and the way you think because there is something seriously wrong with it.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
This debate is being discussed here http://www.debate.org...
Posted by chloe-forever-2002 2 years ago
chloe-forever-2002
WOW, come on treating people differently because they have a different skin color is wrong. Thats like treating someone badly because they have a different hair color than you.