youmane345
Berend

Should smoking be banned ?

Berend

youmane345

Con

Should smoking be banned ? some say its bad for health some say it relaxes them.
Berend

Pro

I believe it should be banned for this debate. Simply because it relaxes does not mean you should do it. There really is no real logical reason to smoke. Banning it might put a hold on it, but ban the companies from making it.
youmane345

Con

I dont think it should be banned because pepople find it relaxing with smoking
Berend

Pro

Thank you, and I think people can agree on that. But because it relaxes someone that means it should be allowed? It is killing people and even causing cancer.

There was talk that second hand smoke was worse then first hand. I could see this for a few reason, however they are both bad and smoking in public in general should be banned. If smoking is allowed, do it by yourself. When you smoke around anyone outside, it travels and they breath in the non filtered smoke while you breath in both clean, non filtered and filter. It does depend how you are smoking and the wind of course.

Now on to my point why I think it should be banned.

Logically Worthless

I firmly believe that if aliens appeared, they would not tack. People tell me otherwise, but I always tell them that if aliens appeared, they would be type 3+ civilizations and killing someone like us that are type 0 are beyond logic to be completely illogical and pointless. They are so high up there that they know it is such a worthless thought.

Now what does this have to do with smoking? It is the same thing. Sure in war times like WWII I can understand, especially when it was the Nazi that found it to cause cancer. But we are nearly 100 years to that point, so why do we smoke plant leaves just to relax when we are so far above? There is no reason to smoke and it is the only thing o relax you if you have been doing it for a long time. We as humans are logically superior to our selves in the 40's and should know better then to do horrible things to our body when we know that it is bad.

Religious Views, Atheism, Death and Smoking

Now as an atheist I will say I do not have a belief in God. Now I am not going to bash on a religion, but bare with me for this argument. David Silverman was on Fox News to represent the Atheist for Hurricane Sandy. They asked him what do Atheist do. He told them they prepare and that since we do not know what happens when we die that we should live life to the fullest. We should not waste life away ever. He told them instead of praying to your God when it does nothing, you should prepare like an atheist. Prepare like you want to fight for your life, get candles, boards, etc. [1]

Now there are many who believe in an afterlife. However when it comes to life you should care about it as much as an atheist, you do not know and should live life as if it is your last, aka as an atheist. A religious thought that "Who cares, I will be in heaven." is a silly idea with life at the line. You can be religious but live life and care about it as much as an atheist. The concept of living only once with no after life causes you to live life and love it even more. You know nothing will happen, if you care about life, think about how an atheist would and do that when it comes to wanting to relax with something that can kill you.

So when it comes to death, things that kill you, why smoke just to relax when it can kill you? You might live smoking from age 20 to age 90, I have seen it. I have also heard and seen people die young. Is life really less important then smoking a cancer stick? [1] [2]

The Relax Argument

Now as you might have seen with my foe over here, he mentioned that it helps with relaxing. Well, here are a few things to help with relaxation.
  • Take good care of yourself.
  • Take breaks, give yourself "me time."
  • Learn to say "no."
  • Get regular exercise.
  • Be realistic.
  • Get a hobby, do something different.
  • Laugh, use humor.
  • Learn to relax.

These are just some of many. You can also swim, relax at the beach, tan, enjoy a warm bath or shower, hot tub, eat, etc. I believe that just smoking to relax is full of lies and there is more.

The concept of freewill was used in an argument about neuroscience. If you had your head open for brain surgery, and they took a small electrode to the brain, by applying x amount of volt they can make you do things. This can include scratching your chest, lifting a leg, arm, blinking. So the concept that small electric charges cause this in your brain is also similar how an addictive or habit take form in the brain. You might think it is you when it is not you it is to do something like relax when really to crave that drug.

I mean, to Con, I want to ask you something. Think about this for a bit, don't answer, just think about it for a bit. What would it take for you to agree that smoking is bad? That your life is less important then relaxing with a drug?

I want you to think hard on this question as I will ask later on in this. But just think on it for now, real hard, don't answer in the next post please. I want the readers to do the same. Think long and hard on this question. "Is your life worth less then a drug that can kill you, that you will use it just to relax?"

I will end my argument and why I think this here. Thank you.

Credit Sources:

1: David Silverman - Fox News (https://www.youtube.com...)

2: CDC.Gov (http://www.cdc.gov...)

3: Dartmouth.EDU (http://www.dartmouth.edu...)

youmane345

Con

youmane345 forfeited this round.
Berend

Pro

I will say I will not post anything more till my opponent himself/herself does also to be fair. I shall wait.
youmane345

Con

youmane345 forfeited this round.
Berend

Pro

I will wait till my opponent can post.
youmane345

Con

youmane345 forfeited this round.
Berend

Pro

So I will make my closing statement. Are you now see, from my argument, smoking should be banned. If you as humans are truly intelligent and care about life that can not even prove your spiritual life, why not enjoy it? If you need to relax, I say go do something else. Smoking is a horrible for not only your life, but others.

This is only hypothetical, however I want you to consider second hand smoke. This has killed many people like first hand. There is this smoking add about a father, loving man and American who was put on medical aid for breathing because of second hand smoke. He later died, having not smoked once in his life. A poor child or teen had their father die because something you do for relaxation. The concept is that second hand smoke causes more deaths or that it is worse then first hand. The reason is when two people are in a room. He is breathing a mix of oxygen and unfiltered smoking tobacco. You, on the other hand, will smoke the same but have some breaths oxygen and filtered smoke. When you take a puff, you are taking in a filtered smoke, the other one with second hand, will get unfiltered. Thus worse.

I do not want to go on for too long and just say, we are intelligent beings and should live life like an atheist. If you knew there was no after life, you would live life to the fullest, smoking to relax that might kill you will not be fullest lifestyle. Please, go home and enjoy life, find other outlets that does not risk your life nor others. Thank you.
Posted by Berend 2 years ago
Berend
Why the actual hell is this almost half a year long in voting period? Haha
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
youmane345BerendTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Dennybug 2 years ago
Dennybug
youmane345BerendTied