Madylin
Moneyboss

Should smoking be legal?

Madylin

Con

Even though cigarettes make millions of money each year is it really worth it? When you buy a pack of cigarettes your really just giving your life to that cigarette. In every cigarette you smoke you sign a contract with it, to let it control your life, to let it decide how you spend your money, to let that one cigarette choose what you do every day of your life. I get how people make a lot of money off of cigarettes but Its not worth it. There's a contract in every cigarette you smoke, every time you put that cigarette to your mouth, your saying goodbye to your life.
Moneyboss

Pro

I think smoking should be legal. Firstly, I'm going to penalize Opposition for making smoking sound that bad. You mean once you pick up a cigarette and start smoking, you sell your life to it? That is a sweeping statement, not realistic!

Now, I will move on to my main argument.

I believe in freedom of choice. If something you want to do is legal in the country your in, or where you come from, you have rights to do it as a human. Smoking of course, is bad for your health, I define smoking as the action or habit of inhaling and exhaling the smoke of tobacco or a drug, but as long as you control yourself, you can do it (I'm not promoting smoking, of course). Opposition will argue that smoking is addictive, and it is hard to control yourself once your addicted, and I agree with whatever they come up with, but my main argument is freedom of choice so even though you cannot control yourself, I see no reason in making smoking illegal. If you can control yourself, better!
Madylin

Con

Madylin forfeited this round.
Moneyboss

Pro

Moneyboss forfeited this round.
Madylin

Con

Madylin forfeited this round.
Moneyboss

Pro

Moneyboss forfeited this round.
Posted by robertacollier 2 years ago
robertacollier
Your first round sounds like one of those corny anti-drug ads. You should be on TV.

Imbecile.