KaisPythons
Syrien

Should snakes be illegal?

KaisPythons has forfeited round #2.

KaisPythons

Con

Ok I want opinions, so here is mine. Snakes should stay legal because they are very cool to keep if you do research on them (not at a pet store). They could help with anxiety, autism, stress, or can just help with homework! People see snakes as ruthless monsters when they are just cute noodles! It's not bad to feed a snake it's natural food people who sell frozen mice kill them humanely!
Syrien

Pro

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this topic. I enjoy snakes, I really do. However, I don"t believe that all snakes should be legalized as pets. My reason is this: Some snakes are invasive species. Such as the Boa Constrictor and Burmese Python. These snakes was introduced to us via traders, and possibly tourists that smuggled them and wanted to keep them as "pets". Until the owners realized that there was no way that they could take care of these beasts. So they toss them out into the wild,expecting them to die. But the snakes didn't die, they survived. More than that, they thrived, with no natural predators and plenty of prey, their species grew exponentially, heavily damaging environments , such as in Florida. So yes, we should be allowed to have pet snakes, such as the Garter or Milk snake. But make sure that no species that is not indigenous to our home gets in.