Rongage
theOmniscient

Should spanking be outlawed

Rongage

Pro

Yes spanking should be outlawed because at what point does spanking become abuse. I think this would parents or even strangers to walk up when they feel like it and spank/beat you for no reason at all. What if the child/children strike the parent/stranger back is that called self defense or abuse.
theOmniscient

Con

What my opponent fails to understand is that when a child is not disciplined, they will begin to think they can get away with anything. My brother used to try and kill me, but my father couldn't beat some sense into him because he could go to jail for it, now my brother is probobly running around, mugging people everywhere he goes. Crime has gone up severely since liberalists decided it was better to send a child's parents to jail, rather than let them discipline their children.
Rongage

Pro

Rongage forfeited this round.
theOmniscient

Con

It appears that I am the only one arguing round two.

If we illegalize spankings, we might as well illegalize push-ups or even ban syringes from hospitals. Were spankings to be illegalized, we would fall into endless fighting amongst our people; discipline is required to achieve peace. A slap on the butt is all we have left for discipline in our homes. My mother, a fitness instructor, would make me and my siblings do "wallsits" and "burpees" as punishment for anything and all it did was increase the strength in which our fighting continued. You can't sugarcoat the world as it is, we can only change the future for the better. And for every crime, there must be a punishment.
Rongage

Pro

Rongage forfeited this round.
theOmniscient

Con

It was one week ago when I accepted this debate, knowing that my opponent was a fool who thought that they could win with something out of a fifth-grader's argumentative essay. Now, with all exept the first round being forfeited by my foe, I realize just how misguided tmy opponent was. I am against abuse to children, along with everyone else, but physical discipline is completely different. There is a line between discipline and abuse, and this line is determined by why violence is being put into action. For every action there is a consequence, this truth can only be ignored by fools.
Posted by theOmniscient 2 years ago
theOmniscient
I guess in my first comment i should have started with "my brither" rather than "he"
Posted by theOmniscient 2 years ago
theOmniscient
My father believes in peace, and he also believes that when someone wrongs another, they should be corrected. Congress decided it would be better for police to have more work, and labeled discipline as "abuse".
Posted by theOmniscient 2 years ago
theOmniscient
He was not born like that, he chose to be like that because he decided he liked the feel of punching things. he got away with it because he was juvenile, and sense-beatings are illegal.

(And he thought it was self-defense to hit someone who didn't listen to him.)
Posted by Kaneo 2 years ago
Kaneo
Newsflash, children aren't raised in a vacuum. The question is why is your brother such a thug in the first place. He was born like that? So you must also be a thug, no?
Posted by Kaneo 2 years ago
Kaneo
You father was a bad parent and raised your brother to be a thug and neglected you therefore all children should have physical violence used on them. LoL