DariusRowe
NarcissisticOverthinker

Should steroids be legal if used outside of organized sports?

DariusRowe

DariusRowe

Con

To clarify I am speaking only in regards to Anabolic Steroids. Should steroids be legal for the usage of the average American as any other cosmetic agent is? I believe so. Is anyone willing to argue differently?
NarcissisticOverthinker

Pro

I am unclear as to which side I am debating but since you are yet to debate your side fully, please go ahead. I do remind you though that if you are Con, you should be against this. If you are for this, it's okay I'll just debate against it.
DariusRowe

Con

To make perfectly clear I am on the side of legalizing anabolic steroids as a cosmetic agent.

Anabolic steroids. For the voters, viewers and contenders to fully understand the debate I am going to start by briefly describing what this drug does. Anabolic steroids is simply a man made version of the primary male sex hormone, testosterone. It can be ingested in several different ways, mainly orally, or by injection. These drugs are used fundamentally to increase muscle size, endurance and strength. They work by decreasing the time needed to recover from workouts, thus being able to exercise more often. Whilst working out, for unknown reasons the body's natural testosterone level decreases while glucocorticoids (muscle wasting hormones) are released. When taken before a workout anabolic steroids reverse the testosterone drop and counteract the breakdown of muscle while training intensely. The acceleration and accentuation of protein synthesis allows muscle to be built much faster and also enhances the performance sealing of the muscle.

Putting the science beside for the time being, I would like to talk about why a majority of people take steroids. It's simple, men all around the world much, like women, want to look better. Our society is overwhelmed with media presence, where everyone on TV looks GOOD. The average Joe looks at his television and says hey, I want to look like that too. Now he could go out and get a rhinoplasty, peck implants, bicep implants, a face lift, and explore all these expensive and risky surgical options, or he might invest his money in a cheaper, safer, and better alternative. Everyday we hear of people having cosmetic surgeries going wrong, yet we take a blind eye to it. An estimated one million Americans use steroids as a way to look better. Not unlike the vast majority of females who use makeup to do the same. Or the one who uses anti-aging medicine to appear younger. Steroids are nothing more than a fast forward button on the path to good looks.
NarcissisticOverthinker

Pro

NarcissisticOverthinker forfeited this round.
DariusRowe

Con

DariusRowe forfeited this round.
NarcissisticOverthinker

Pro

Posted by SemperVI 3 years ago
SemperVI
If you believe they should be legal, shouldn't you argue the Pro position?
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
DariusRoweNarcissisticOverthinkerTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Con.