owl7
WAM

Should student tell teachers or adults when they or another student is being bullied?

WAM

owl7

Pro

Yes because even if the bullying gets worse a teacher knows about the bullying and try his/her best to stop this type of bullying and try to stop all bullying.
WAM

Con

Thank you for this opportunity to debate on this theme, I am very much looking forward to it.

For this debate of the Subject "Should student tell teachers or adults when they or another student is being bullied?" I will represent the Con side and will emphasize strongly on my personal Opinion, Believes but also Factual evidence as available and quoted against the upon quoted Topic. I will make the assumption that you are debating in a School setting but I will also bring general examples according to suitable age group. My opening statement is as to commence according to following scheme:
1. Topic Analysis
2. Con Pointers
3. Opening Statement Conclusion

1. Topic Analysis
In recent years the Bullying has more and more become an important subject and issue, especially for teens in adolescence who are feeling like they are wrong done by defined actions summarized as bullying. These actions include Verbal, physical as well as psychological abuse, under debate here in a School setting due to the common question if students should report bullying incidents to teachers or other adults, especially parents.

2. Con Pointers/arguments
According to bullyingstatistics.org "recent bullying statistics show that bullying is on the rise among young adults, teens and children.". Although on first view this may sound disturbing I have a grand issue with this statement, as well as the majority of the bullying related statements. Growing up for me bullying was not a problem, although my mother would state that I was bullied, it was more the issue of general bullying that every human being goes through. In fact, everyone gets bullied and also bullies in reverse, if it is name calling or anything else according to general definition. This does not conclude however, that everyone would say they are being bullied rather than those people just simply dealing with it in a mature and intelligent way as to simply ignoring it. As stated by Dr. Cook, "Predictors of Bullying and Victimization in Childhood and Adolescence: A Meta-analytic Investigation", "A typical victim is likely to be aggressive, lack social skills, think negative thoughts, experience difficulties in solving social problems, come from a negative family, school and community environments and be noticeably rejected and isolated by peers" the issue of bullying being reported is one of perception, not of actuality. As well as this being an issue the media is conducting a big "song and dance" about bullying in an act of hypocrisy, as anyone who would ever watch programs such as the "The O' Reilly Factor on the Fox News Channel"
or "Piers Morgan Live On CNN" could tell you that biased, uneducated and arrogant subjects of all walks of live will tend to bully. Following is a quote about standardized bullies, " Psychologist Roy Baumeister asserts that people who are prone to abusive behavior tend to have inflated but fragile egos. Because they think too highly of themselves, are frequently offended by the criticisms and lack of deference of other people, and react to this disrespect with violence and insults." Seeing this strengthens my believe that everyone is bullying, as well as being bullied. Furthermore it seems like the public is using "Bandwagons" such as Amanda Todd's death as an out call of Inquisition type behavior towards bullying when they themselves are most likely involved in it, just like the everyone else. Just as a small consideration, if I get name called and do it back, who is the bully? If I get name called and punch back, who is the bully? Just as a little story, when I was in kindergarten I was bullied by another child, but not lacking social nor verbal skills I easily convinced all the other kids to throw pebbles at the other child. Needles to say, he never bullied me or anyone I cared about ever again. I actually became friends with him in high school, where the tables had turned and he was on the receiving end from other kids, that he bullied before. It is all too connected as for teachers or especially parents to interfere, seeing as they bully too, everyone does it and they will and do destroy valuable life lessons by interfering. Live socially, even if, you will somehow still bully or offend someone somehow, if everyone was less offended, more rational and would do less stupidity the world would be a way way better place. Just a small pointer at the end.... The War On Terror. The biggest bullying campaign of the century. And no one is going to teachers or parents. They just have to live with it.

3. Opening Statement Conclusion
In my personal opinion the solution is not awareness to an issue that will never end throughout someone's life, as well as it is ridicule to depend on someone else for mediation when the problem won't go away after adolescence but continue in adult, working life where there are no teachers or parents who will go in between. The correct way would be to make kids from a young age realize that some social actions are not directed against them but that everybody does it and it should not be taken literally and just ignored. In the same sense parents should wake up and finally understand that the pampering of their children about bullying issues will not benefit their children in any way, neither through adolescence when they will come running after a little comment with no means nor in adulthood when they have issues with people like bosses or co workers and then do not posses the necessary social skills to speak for themselves and will start calling those people bullies, instead just living or dealing with it like everyone else, who realizes that bullying is an issue but that everyone does it and you just have to deal with it yourself.
owl7

Pro

owl7 forfeited this round.
WAM

Con

Nothing to add nor to defend
owl7

Pro

owl7 forfeited this round.
WAM

Con

In Conclusion my Introductory Statement still stands as my opponent has forfeited every round and as such has not produced a statement other than the opening statement, which to be honest did not even make any sense.
Kind Regards for your time and vote, WAM
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 2 years ago
Midnight1131
owl7WAMTied
Vote Placed by Nac 2 years ago
Nac
owl7WAMTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff