Eliter
MJMiamiBoy2

Should students and teenagers watch more than 2 hours of TV a day?

Eliter

Con

I think that students and teenagers shouldn't watch more than 2 hours of TV everyday. Yet, it would harm their eyes. Thus, it would make concentration in work very hard to them. Due, to watching to much TV.
MJMiamiBoy2

Pro

First, fix your grammar.

Second, I believe that children should be able to watch more than 2 hours of television a day. I am not saying that 20 hours of TV is acceptable, but i would establish that 5-6 hours is okay.

The reason I am saying this is because
-Some TV shows can help improve children's learning, cognitive function, and memory;
-Sitting to close to the TV will not hurt your eyes (http://goo.gl...)
-TV/Computers are becoming more and more essential in today's society.

Besides, if you say TV hurts your eyes, then wouldn't the LCD from anything hurt your eyes? We can even use smartphones as an example.
Eliter

Con

http://hollywoodlife.com...
http://www.mayoclinic.com...
Thus, I am saying about only leisure TV. Not educational TV.
MJMiamiBoy2

Pro

It is truly sad that links have been posted instead of a reasonable explanation. Alas, I shall now go into detail what I have stated. I am sorry if I sounded mean earlier.

The debate topic said 'Should kids watch more than 2 hours of TV', not 'Leisure TV'. So I believe this statement is still valid. Channels such as PBS Kids and Disney JR help children learn reading, math, and in some cases language skills even before they walk into the classroom. Shows such as 'Super WHY', 'Sesame Street', and 'Word Girl' encourage the learning of reading, while 'Cyberchase' and others have math concepts. These important abilities will guide the children into kindergarten all the way to their first jobs. Even shows that might not have any educational teaching ('leisure TV') have moral skills and life lessons.

I will save the health benefits & disadvantages of the TV for Round 3.

TV and computers are also becoming more essential in Earth's society. Though the black box might be a big debate in history, we all know how smartphones affect us today. The creation of the PBS Kids app, or Kid Mode, or even simple kid-based games tutor children about the necessity of electronics in our life today. In fact, if we didn't have these computers, we couldn't even be debating!

WORKS CITED:
-http://pbskids.org...
Eliter

Con

Eliter forfeited this round.
MJMiamiBoy2

Pro

Well..... um..... IDK what to say, LOL. But thanks for debating me :)
Posted by MJMiamiBoy2 3 years ago
MJMiamiBoy2
There has to be a balance between work and play, because if you do not you could become either A) depressed or B)irresponsible.

I never said you DON'T need an education, but it should not be the first thing on a persons list. You should follow your dreams and try and achieve your own success.
Posted by Eliter 3 years ago
Eliter
Without Education what do you get?
Think about that by yourself!
Btw, I don't get what you mean by: "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".

Can you please explain this to me!
Posted by MJMiamiBoy2 3 years ago
MJMiamiBoy2
Actually, Education isn't the most important thing. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Posted by Eliter 3 years ago
Eliter
Guys. i am sorry i didn't have time to post my argument. But, I insist that children watching LEISURE not EDUCATIONAL TV isn't good. Why? Because, #1 it damages eye sight, #2 it affects children behavior, #3 we must spend most of the time in education than playing. Education is the most important thing!
Posted by RijaandMalala 3 years ago
RijaandMalala
so I agree with MJMiamiboy2. Teenages and students should be allowed to relaxed!