michellestarr
ExiOrca

Should students as young as 14 hold jobs?

michellestarr

Pro

I think that teens as young as 14 should be able to have jobs. Some teens have proven to be smarter than some adults. Some adults even lack off and still manage to keep their jobs. Some teens can work faster than them and better.
ExiOrca

Con

Teen here will be referred to people from 14 and 18 years old.
Students who are 14 to 18 years old should not holds job.
First of all, education. Students need to study for knowledge and for a better future. Jobs would distract students from studying and money isn't something that students should be worry because their parents work hard to keep students in school.
Second, experience. Jobs are not easy. Just because you're smart do not mean you will given a high-paying job. To survive in this world, you need knowledge as well as experience. An adult would have been experience various events that allow them to be able to deal with. However, a student who is as young as 14 would not have any experience and can be easily taken advantage off, scammed, or even manipulated.
Thirdly, purpose. Why do students need a job? Unlike an adult, students do not need to pay bills, buy supplies,... That is being taken care of by the parents. If students are given jobs, they would not know how to handle the money and end up wasting them.
michellestarr

Pro

I see some of your points, but first off some adults lack knowledge, experience, and responsibility. You can't have experience until you try it a few times. Teens also have a fresher mind. They're all about in high school now they're learning things at school and at work. The things they learn at their jobs can help them with school.
ExiOrca

Con

I extend all my arguments.

I understand your point that some adults do indeed lack knowledge and responsibility. However, the figure is small. Also, I don't quite understand your point. Please give me some examples.
michellestarr

Pro

michellestarr forfeited this round.
ExiOrca

Con

Nothing to add.
michellestarr

Pro

michellestarr forfeited this round.
ExiOrca

Con

Extend all arguement and I thanks my opponent for the debate.
Posted by Sdhrocks 3 years ago
Sdhrocks
I think that students as young as 14 should have jobs because some of them are mature. If some of the kids apply for a job, if they are not mature, then the person in charge will not hire them.
Posted by Sdhrocks 3 years ago
Sdhrocks