Should students be allowed to listen to music in school while doing work?

This is open to the first person that excepts it. Thanks in advance.

So, my question: Should kids be allowed to listen to tunes in school while doing all that amazingly interesting homework?

I would like to hear others opinions since I'm a student and I spend 3/4 classes with earbuds in my ears. When I told my parents this they flippped and said that was "stupid" even when I argued that it helps me in class. So, what do you think?
R1 is for acceptance.

Cool. New debate! :D
Anyways, I think kids should be allowed to listen to music in class because it helps kids concentrate. It also could solve the problem of kids talking in class. While listening to music they wouldn't be able to hear their friends talking as well and it would block out background noise.

A few points I should mention: Kids should NOT be allowed phones because that would cause more problems with txting and cheating. However, music is different. Music can relax those with nerves during an exam or just provide entertainment while you sludge though all that math. Some wouldn't WANT to listen to music because it may be a distraction to some but I don't think we should not allow something because a few are against it.

>>Better grades
According to the American Music Conference (AMC), music won"t rot your mind -- in fact, it"s actually good for your thinking-cap. The AMC has cited research that has shown that studying and creating music may help improve your capacity to learn other subjects and get better grades overall.<< (This is copied and pasted from yahoo! sorry...)

Music can also help with your creativity in classes such as English or Art. (me and my friends are all writers and artists. Music is our muse so why can't it be to others?)

That's all I can think of right now...

I will formally forfeit to extend the debate to the next round.

??? Anyways, I'll wait for your round first before I actually start research again. :D

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.

Well you never really posted anything, so this debate was wasted, 'cause even if you did now create an argument it would be useless because I can't rebuttal you. I'm kinda pissed 'cause I really wanted to debate this.

So anyways; bye bye and I think I win this debate? VOTE PRO!

Whatever baba.
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff