ebaz
rae.j

Should students be allowed to use the internet at school?

Started: 3/7/2016 Category: Technology

ebaz

Pro

Students should be allowed to use the internet at school because it can help with their education. The wide variety of information available helps with research and studying. Students can access many different sources of information easily and quickly. This will help students get projects done faster and be able to move on to the next subject quicker.
rae.j

Con

I believe that students should not be allowed to use the internet during school, this is because there has been many occurrence where students have found them selves in a situation they inflicted upon them selves on the internet. Although I understand that students can profit from the easy accessibility of the internet, there are still many distractions not only on the available computers but also on the students mobile devices.
ebaz

Pro

While some may argue that the internet is more distracting for students then it is helpful, I disagree. I think that as long as someone can still get their work done, appropriate games are an acceptable trade off. The benefits the internet provides students with far outweigh the distractions. Any information you desire is right at your fingers and if used responsibly, the internet can help make your school work easier and quicker.
rae.j

Con

I understand that there is a lot of helpful information the internet provides when working in school, but there is still an equal amount of websites where students can be easily distracted and or bullied. I respect the idea that appropriate games can be a trade off when students are done working, but the boundaries are easily broken from appropriate to not appropriate. Just giving students the trust to play game is maybe to much assurance.