bossnegotiator
COUREE_FLUTE

Should students be forced to wear a school uniform

bossnegotiator

bossnegotiator

Pro

First round is for acceptance
COUREE_FLUTE

Con

I accepted bossnegotiator's challenge. I will be arguing that students should not be forced to wear a school uniform.
bossnegotiator

Pro

The military and other formal institutions use uniform to show discipline. It is also one of the reasons uniforms are worn in some schools. These schools have been shown to have a more disciplined and learner friendly environment.

A uniform also as the effect of camaraderie on the group of people wearing the same uniform. People work together better if visually, it looks like their on the same side.

In schools it also has the added benefit there of reducing bullying due to different socio-economic standards not being as visible. People cant be picked on because their clothing is not fashionable as they all wear pretty much the same thing.

Therefore I think that school uniforms croat an environment in which learners can better do what their supposed to be doing, and that is to learn
COUREE_FLUTE

Con

COUREE_FLUTE forfeited this round.
bossnegotiator

Pro

awaiting your argument
COUREE_FLUTE

Con

I understand what you are saying that it makes the school work better as a whole but what about the 1st amendment? Making students wear uniforms takes away their right to express themselves. Also forcing them to give up their individuality. Students don't want to look like the person sitting next to them. They want to be themselves and not some clone the school system is forcing them to be.
bossnegotiator

Pro

Ultimately the purpose of schools are to teach people a certain subject matter so that they can go into a profession later on in life. Thus, their main purpose is not to be a place for students to express themselves. students can express themselves and their views outside of school hours. If a uniform enables a school to serve its purpose better then I think uniform should be enforced. Also, the 1st amendment only applies in the US so that can't be used as a valid point considering that this is an international forum.
COUREE_FLUTE

Con

I don't know of any student who would want to wear skirts in -12* weather or the hot weather...
Posted by COUREE_FLUTE 2 years ago
COUREE_FLUTE
Yes I do. I am just fed up with the school system here in the US. It is really biased and it has rules that never get enforced.
Posted by COUREE_FLUTE 2 years ago
COUREE_FLUTE
Posted by bossnegotiator 2 years ago
bossnegotiator
OK its fine :P. You seem to debate a lot of school related topics
Posted by COUREE_FLUTE 2 years ago
COUREE_FLUTE
Oh I get what you are trying to say. Sorry XP blonde moment. Yes I am from the US...
Posted by bossnegotiator 2 years ago
bossnegotiator
Sorry Im a little confused. Your from the US right?
Im from south africa(not in the US :) ). Its the southern most country in africa. We hosted the soccer world cup in 2010
Posted by COUREE_FLUTE 2 years ago
COUREE_FLUTE
Cool. Where in the US?
Posted by bossnegotiator 2 years ago
bossnegotiator
The US. Im from South Africa btw
Posted by COUREE_FLUTE 2 years ago
COUREE_FLUTE
What do you mean? "Over there"
Posted by bossnegotiator 2 years ago
bossnegotiator
sorry. i forgot the school terms don't work the same over there
Posted by COUREE_FLUTE 2 years ago
COUREE_FLUTE
Sorry holiday season has me running everywhere
Vote Placed by SlovakiaKentros 2 years ago
SlovakiaKentros
bossnegotiatorCOUREE_FLUTETied
Reasons for voting decision: Bossnegotiator had the better conduct overall, and proved his (I'll admit ridiculous) standpoint on this subject. Couree_Flute failed to make her first statement and her last statement was a personal preference.