bookworms
BLAHthedebator

Should students be required to wear uniforms?

BLAHthedebator

bookworms

Pro

I think it should be required to wear uniforms to school because if it is required, there will probably be less bullying for people's clothes. Also, you wouldn't have to choose what to wear every morning and if you don't have enough money for clothes, you wouldn't have to worry about buying them. Another thing is that you won't have to wear the same thing.
BLAHthedebator

Con

Rebuttals

My opponent makes 3 points:

C1) Less bullying
C2) Less expenses
C3) You won't have to wear the same thing.

1. Just because there is less bullying does not mean everyone is happy. Look at the statistics:
[1]
If this many people are against school uniforms, then it is probable that most students at school are also against school uniforms, and therefore are unhappy, compared to cases where the only unhappy students are those who are being bullied. In fact, bullies focus more on more major things they think can be bullied about when they wear school uniforms. In the opposite case, bullying for homosexuality is less major and focused.

2. Many people have absolutely no problem in struggling to choose clothes. This is actually beneficial as it helps people to grow their decision making skills. What's more, their freedom of speech also grows along with it.

3. Concession. To wear school uniforms you must wear the same thing.

[1] http://teacher.scholastic.com...;
bookworms

Pro

I think it should be required to wear uniforms to school because if it is required, there will probably be less bullying for people's clothes. Also, you wouldn't have to choose what to wear every morning and if you don't have enough money for clothes, you wouldn't have to worry about buying them.
BLAHthedebator

Con

My opponent has literally forfeited by pulling out the same arguments he had before, except one. Extend my arguments.
bookworms

Pro

I did not forfeit, I didn't know what to do because i have never been on here before so I'm new. I accidentally wrote the same thing because i thought that I could edit something. But then I found out and tried to delete my argument, it didn't work. Also, I messed up on the "You have to wear the same thing" part. I am sorry for all the misunderstanding... Plus, I'm a GIRL.

Anyways, you make a great point. But I still think that people can get bullied by their clothes. I know most people like it without uniforms, but I still think it's important.
BLAHthedebator

Con

Oh, okay. I understand. By the way, about the gender thing, it was not specified in your profile so I just guessed.

However, as for your arguments, it does not seem that you provided any backing up of your arguments. Nor did you make any rebuttals in this round.

For these reasons, Vote Con!
Posted by bookworms 2 years ago
bookworms
Thank you Inventorkid, too
Posted by bookworms 2 years ago
bookworms
Thanks, Valkrin. Sorry I missed up, I'm new.
Posted by Inventorkid 2 years ago
Inventorkid
Change the debate so you're arguing as Pro.
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
You're arguing for Pro, not Con, then. Reinstate the debate as Pro.
Vote Placed by Reeseroni 2 years ago
Reeseroni
bookwormsBLAHthedebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: I was very much 'for' students wearing uniforms, but Con gave good arguments that changed my opinion.
Vote Placed by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
bookwormsBLAHthedebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: concession