Wendla123
childfornicator

Should students me able to listen to music during work time in class?

Started: 4/10/2016 Category: Music

Wendla123

Pro

As a high school sophomore and avid music lover I am totally for being able to listen to music during class. I have a lot of stress, anxiety, and I can"t concentrate during class unless it is one of my few classes that let me listen to music. Every time I hear any little sound, like a squeak across the classroom, I can"t concentrate. I hear everything and it really distracts me. My mom is thinking about testing me for ADD and getting medication, but I think if I have a way to stop myself from getting distracted it"s better than going right to meds.
There have been studies that show how classical music can help kids concentrate. (http://www.teachers.ab.ca...
But in my expericane any music, such as my preferred Broadway, can help.
childfornicator

Con

Music can be very distracting. I have a hard time doing class work while I am listening to rap, and if the person next to me is blairing death metal, I can't focus on my biology exam
Wendla123

Pro

Of course ones music should be at a volume where no other students could hear it, but music is still very helpful. Listening would not be mandatory, but it should be allowed.
childfornicator

Con

Some people think they are listening at a reasonable level but are wrong. Plus wearing headphones can cause damage to your eardrums. The school cannot allow kids to damage their ear drums
Wendla123

Pro

Wendla123 forfeited this round.
childfornicator

Con

childfornicator forfeited this round.
Wendla123

Pro

Wendla123 forfeited this round.
childfornicator

Con

childfornicator forfeited this round.
Posted by MaxLamperouge 10 months ago
MaxLamperouge
Pro don't sink to Cons level, own it!
Do more than just 3 sentences.
:)
But good job to both of you.