Eliter
Putt-Putt

Should students really have more than 10 subjects? ESF school.

Putt-Putt

Eliter

Pro

I am looking forward to this debate!

I believe children should have more than 10 subjects in an ESF school. Because, it helps them learn a wider variety of knowledge. But, I would love to hear from the opponents mind first.

I am feeling great about this debate!
Eliter

Pro

Okay, I am looking forward to this.

I think children should have more than 10 subjects. Because, it helps them learn more. Yet, it motivates more for them. Nonetheless, you may or may not agree. Because, an ESF school is a very large school. So, I think the more subjects there is. The more creative minds there will be.
Putt-Putt

Con

I thank Con for a swift answer. I would like to use this part of my round to justify my reasoning.

Students having a ten course day would be stressful to them. They are already burdened with a 4 to 7 course day, depending on class length. Adding in these days would only shorten classes, thus not allowing students to learn necessary material, or extend the school day, causing less time for homework, extra curricular activities, and outside of school employment.

Students being forced to have a 10 period school day would only add to student drop out and flunk rates.

I again thank Pro for this topic and eagerly await his response.
Eliter

Pro

Thank you Con.

I didn't say to have 10 periods per day. I said 10 periods for their subjects. What I mean is that there should be at least 4 subjects per day. Which then includes in their own timetable, their 10 subjects. People learn more, with 10+ subjects. But, people who don't like less than 10 subjects. Then you are lazy. Parents pay you money, so you can go to the school. To be educated better. To have better results. All I am saying is that every school should get at least 10 subjects.

Very fun debating with you!
I have a feeling this will be close!
Putt-Putt

Con

Thank you Pro, for a swift response and clearing up the topic more.

I would like to take the last part of this debate to make my last argument and debunk Pros argument.

Pro above states, " What I mean is that there should be at least 4 subjects per day. Which then includes in their own timetable, their 10 subjects. People learn more, with 10+ subjects."

I agree with the fact stated that students would have more things to learn with more classes. But a major flaw in this system would be the fact of only four classes a day. This would require class rotations per day, realistically not allowing students to learn as much, and giving them a day in between to loose the taught material. This means that part of the class time would be learned reteaching what was already taught, not learning new material, which would be the point of switching to this schedule in the first place.

"To succeed in school and life, children and young adults need ongoing opportunities to learn and practice essential skills" [1]

http://www.summerlearning.org...
Vote Placed by Mysterious_Stranger 3 years ago
Mysterious_Stranger
EliterPutt-PuttTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used slightly better arguments, and used some sources.
Vote Placed by Projectid 3 years ago
Projectid
EliterPutt-PuttTied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe the Con made a better argument against Pro's idea of having rotating schedules and additional subjects. The Pro's arguments for putting more upon students had no proof of being effective. Perhaps he could of used some statistical proof. It was Pro's job to prove his statement, he did not. Sources go to Con obviously.