thinker54
ashwin.sharma921

Should students wear uniforms to school??

thinker54

Pro

PEOPLE WHO SAY NO ARE THE ONES HAVING PROBLEMS IN LIFE SO THINK TWICE AT LEAST THRICE AND A THINKING FURTHER THEN YOU TOO CAN CHANGE THIS VIEW..
I AM A STUDENT AND EVEN IM NOT UP TO THE STANDARDS OF MY FRIENDS I HAVE A HOUSE WHICH IS 3x IN SIZE SMALLER AND I CANT AFFORD CLOTHES,IF I KEEP ON WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES THEN THEY WILL START NOTICING ME AND LAUGH.UNIFORMS ARE A VERY GOOD THING IT DEVELOPS THE CHILD'S DISCIPLINE OF TUCKING IN THE SHIRT.

IF WE WEAR OWN CLOTHES HOW WILL THE POOR GET ALONG WITH THE RICH? JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE RICH OTHERS CANT FOLLOW YOU. IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO WEAR CLOTHES TO SCHOOL THEN TRY DONATING SOME CLOTHES AND THEY SHOULD BE DIFFERENT PATTERNS BECAUSE PEOPLE OR STUDENTS MAY THINK THAT "IS THIS THE ONLY SHIRT OR T SHIRT YOU HAVE?"

**GUYS JUST THINK A LITTLE WHAT IF YOUR SON SAYS EVERY WEEK "MOM/DAD CAN WE GO SHOPPING I NEED TO GET NEW CLOTHES"(AND COMES OUT OF THE SHOPPING CENTER ,BAG FULL,THEN WEARS ALL TO SCHOOL IN A MONTH AND THEN HE ASKS THE SAME QUESTION AGAIN.)

EVEN I DONT LIKE THE UNIFORMS WHAT MY SCHOOL PROVIDES BUT ITS GOOD MANY THINGS ARE SORTED AND SAFE IF YOU WEAR THE UNIFORM.

GIRLS WILL START WEARING SHORTS THAT IS 10CM LONG AND PEOPLE WONT LIKE IT THE TEACHER GETS DISTRACTED AND SO THE STUDENTS ALSO.

####WHY DO WE COME TO SCHOOL??? TO LEARN.##########
ashwin.sharma921

Con

Thank you for choosing a topic that is well debated across the geographical boundaries. And this is perhaps one of the most immature debate openings I have seen till date. Perhaps the pro needs to get his facts correct. After reading the arguments posted for the topic, I guess I should help my opponent rework on his thought process and a few of his arguments too.

He Points out, "UNIFORMS ARE A VERY GOOD THING IT DEVELOPS THE CHILD'S DISCIPLINE OF TUCKING IN THE SHIRT."
Really? I have seen students in school Uniforms with the shirt tucked out. Perhaps, they think that tucking out the shirt makes them look cool, even though they wear the school uniforms, which according to my opponent helps in inculcating discipline among them. Oh, and what discipline are we talking about? We have, today, school students partying late night; school students getting involved in probably the most heinous of the crimes like Murders and Rapes; school students habituated to drugs, drinking and smoking. And then we talk about discipline.

Further, pro says, "EVEN I DONT LIKE THE UNIFORMS WHAT MY SCHOOL PROVIDES BUT ITS GOOD MANY THINGS ARE SORTED AND SAFE IF YOU WEAR THE UNIFORM."
And thus fails to provide any example of how, many things are sorted and how it is 'safe' to wear school uniform.
Also, " GIRLS WILL START WEARING SHORTS THAT IS 10CM LONG AND PEOPLE WONT LIKE IT THE TEACHER GETS DISTRACTED AND SO THE STUDENTS ALSO. "
God! I really think you need to get over this petty thinking. Banning of school uniforms doesn't always mean exposing a lot of skin. Proper dress codes and rules will help in checking this.
Now my argument would just be that in a world where we emphasise on focusing on the individual identity, identity of the student is lost if we encourage school uniforms. The trick in fact is to divulge from the herd mentality and rather focus on creating an individual impact. There remains practically no room for individual creativity and innovation which has been proved by related research studies.

Also, wearing school uniform for a long time would obviously become uncomfortable and eventually might start annoying the student. He might even start disliking school because of that.
Besides, not all school uniforms are cheap. Frankly and honestly, I have known of my friend who found, school uniforms quite over priced but found buying a dress for himself (Not a uniform) much more affordable and cheaper. Uniforms are often irrationally priced to even about $300.
Also, several research studies conducted among the school going students showed that the students found the school uniforms uncomfortable and its a known fact that comfort leads to better understanding of the academic concepts. Further, an unhappy lot will only create a fuss and be rebellious which is in a stark contrast from what an ideal student should be like.
I am sorry for my straightforward approach but I feel my opponent really needs to start using proper punctuation in his passage presentation, I took about half hour for understanding what he is up to, for a passage that doesn't demand more than 15 minutes of time. Also, rules of presentation say that CAPS denote a rather aggressive and a rude tone.
Thanks, and awaiting your defence for the above claims and arguments.
thinker54

Pro

thinker54 forfeited this round.
ashwin.sharma921

Con

I hate it when freshers join the site for the first time, intiate a well-debated topic, start with a rather uninteresting, abrupt and a boring opening and still expect the people to accept the debate and start a healthy debate. Even after doing that my opponent fails to provide a legit argument against his opponent. I dont think, he was very interested to debate on this topic in the first place. I plead my audience to please assess the standpoints of the both the contenders impartially and give a fair rating not governed by their own perception of the topic.

Thanks
thinker54

Pro

thinker54 forfeited this round.
ashwin.sharma921

Con

ashwin.sharma921 forfeited this round.
thinker54

Pro

thinker54 forfeited this round.
ashwin.sharma921

Con

ashwin.sharma921 forfeited this round.
Posted by mrHoody10 1 year ago
mrHoody10
This is one of the most immature, ridiculous debate openings I have ever seen. If you want people to take you seriously, take what you write seriously please. Thank you.